Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 lb soft weight.

In reading all of these posts, one thing came to mind. We divers are big polluters!

If anyone is in the Austin, Texas area on Sept 18th 2005 come to the 11th Annual Lake Travis Clean Up. Granted most of the stuff is just trash from the non divers at the surface but you never know. Great Prizes.

Contact any dive shop in Austin for more details.

1. UK Light Canon with coil strap and Lobster Guage
2. 2-masks
3. 1-snorkle
4. Air Z nitrox protective lens cover

All in one year/60dives

I lost the reflector and a bulb on my brand new dive light while on the boat...somehow was turned on in storage area. Luckily it only messed up the bulb and drained the batteries. Hmm thinking about that rechargable upgrade with the high temp bezel. maybe a LED.

I lost a weight pouch for my BC at Gilboa last weekend. (17th)

Hope someone finds and turns it in to mike. But not holding my breath.

Lost a snorkel in the keys, worst part is I was using it on the long swim back to the boat, changed over to reg for the last 100ft and noticed it was gone once I was on the boat.

Having lost my lovely but cheap dive knife first time out (see earlier), I just spent a week spear fishing in beautiful Cornwall. Being a once avid climber -- I normally take pride in not loosing gear. Last week I was able to redeem myself:

Found:
1 large orange fin (seen but not retrieved -- loaded spear gun :^( ).
1 XL fin (recovered - dived & used spear barb!) ...LDL email me.
1 crab line complete with weight, patenoster & hook
1 childs beach spade
1 snorkel (valve membrane missing)
1 neoprene dive sock

Speared:
1 sea bass (2-3lb, delicious) -- fed the family
1 beautiful leapard spotted large ballan wrasse (5.5lb) -- fed the family & Grandma.

Lost then found:
Dropped my spare dive knife dealing with the big wrasse...but noticed quickly & the reflective tape I added helped me quickly locate it on the nearby reef.

I lost one of those lobster gauges first time I took it out of my pocket....it hit the railing and flicked out of my hand on the moving boat....no big loss....

While in Fiji, lost my canon digital elf with housing.... :(
stupidly I was doing filming and attempting to take still shots as well....thought I had the camera latched to myself and let it hang under me....sure enough, it wasn't latched and floated off into the deep blue....looked for it, but nothing.....the current took it away...lesson learned, only do one thing or the other...don't overload yourself...

I didn't feel that bad since one of the other guys lost his 800 dollar rig.....dunno what the story was on that one....

In the end, I looked at it as I was glad I at least had the pictures and just changed the card so no real loss on the memories...just on the pocketbook... :(

Mark

...when you lose something before you can use it?

Couple weeks ago in Cozumel, had an Inon macro lens in a Zing bag float out of my BC pocket on a dive... at least that's what I'm presuming happened. Have never lost anything out of my BC pocket before, but it was definitely not there when I reached for it :( Hadn't even gotten a chance to use it.

Have a replacement lens and bag, and now a brand spanking new brass gromet and bungee in my pocket so I can clip off the bag. :)

Back
Top Bottom