Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you believe, my wallet? Used a card last Fri on Culebra, PR to pay for my 2 kids first salt water dive, and in the focus on helping them get ready, etc. I slipped my wallet into my swim suit pocket and forgot it. Had no idea it was on me till at the end of a 60' dive a young lady held it up while we were doing our 15' safety. Talk about feeling foolish!

well, atleast someone was honest enough to turn it in! :) Glad you got it back!

I lost one of my $50 a pair 5mil Kevlar gloves in monterey so I bought another pair and lost the right glove AGAIN!!! so now I have 2 left hand gloves... :p

I think I have lost at least 5 abalone irons and gauges

I did a dive in Mexico near a popular snorkeling spot and found 2 nice snorkels... I carried them the entire dive and right under the boat my gf found an octopus to play with, I was so mesmerized that I set down the snorkels and it wasn't until someone mentioned it on the way back to the dock that I remembered setting them down....DUH!!!
I lose so much stuff that I just plan on losing something each trip so it doesn't upset me anymore...

Prescription dive mask. First one to splash off a dive boat in Mexico. Big waves and heavy current. Turned around to see the next wave coming and it washed my mask off. Had a spare in by BC and tried to go after it but forgot something. My integrated weight pouches for my BC. Forgot, again, to put them in after the first dive. By the time I got them in and searched it was another gift for the sea.

I lost my still camera. Had it around my wrist one minute and then it was gone. As it was buoyant it went up. I looked at my watch and remembered the time I lost it. After the dive I checked the current and figured out how long it was floating and figured how far it floated. I walked along the beach for about a quarter mile and low and behold I saw it floating off the coast. I swam out and got the sucker.

bob1dp:
I lost my still camera. Had it around my wrist one minute and then it was gone. As it was buoyant it went up. I looked at my watch and remembered the time I lost it. After the dive I checked the current and figured out how long it was floating and figured how far it floated. I walked along the beach for about a quarter mile and low and behold I saw it floating off the coast. I swam out and got the sucker.

you are lucky. tried the same method with my fins couldnt find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom