Things you've lost underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weekend at the Triangle Wrecks I lost my first item underwater. I lost a really nice buck knife while I was "gently" rolling around in the surf. In fact it was ripped from my body. The carabiner actually rippped in half.

Great fun was had though.

Mrs.Prages:
This weekend at the Triangle Wrecks I lost my first item underwater. I lost a really nice buck knife while I was "gently" rolling around in the surf. In fact it was ripped from my body. The carabiner actually rippped in half.

Great fun was had though.

Doh! How come you didn't tell me? The water was so clear and calm we could have done a grid pattern along the shore and found it in no time!

You know Chris, I kick myself every second that I think about why I didn't go back in and search that puppy out :wink:

I think it was probably 'cause I was just happy it just took the knife and not a layer of skin or two. :D

A snorkel....but I have found 2. So, does this technically count?

My dive buddy Waldo. (My apologies if someone used that line already....)

Also, I have lost my way before. :wink:

Do things you lost on a waterbed count? :D

ScubaFreak:
Ouch...

A guy on my rescue course lost his brand new Suunnto Vyper...

I was on the Bottom Scratcher out at Catalina, and I dropped my Atmos AI overboard. I nearly fouled my pants, as I watched it just sink away and away...ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

But the boat's cook, Debbie, never will forget her, dove down to 70' and got it for me. What a great lady.

--'Goose

I prefer to lose other people's things. Like Firefyter's dive slate. I also lost a few soft weights in a local state park when I (with a little help from an unnamed instructor) put the trim weights in NOT trim pockets on a borrowed bc... LOL, caused quite a ruckus, even had the Mares rep in the water, trying to figure out why I couldn't descend (we didn't know the weights had dropped out!) They kept adding weight to the front pockets, couldn't figure out why a horse would sink with that much weight, but I couldn't...
Foo

Evil:
I have everything attached to my BCD one way or another so never lost anything so far....
You have your fins attached to your BCD? :D
I bought a nice new neoprene strap for my mask, put it on the mask. It was a surf entry to the boat, put the mask in my fins for safe keeping. When I got to the boat, no mask :( Spent a good hour with a weightbelt and a borrowed mask looking in the water for it, never found it.
A few months later at the same spot, lost a sister's knife while getting onto the boat. Again searched for ages, actually found it!! Then a few dives later my other sister lost it :D
lost a lead weight in my rescue course when my buddy handed me their weight belt... buckle up. Luckily only one fell off.
Been diving with the club when one person lost their computer and someone else lost their nice second stage off their stage bottle

I once lost my wenoka dive knife whilst exiting a dive... a few of us went looking for it (one guy being my boss) but it was lost in one of the rocky ledges somewhere so i wrote off one very expensive but great knife (sob!).

8 months later... i go to work on a monday morning and my boss says "look what i found".... yep, he held up my knife and the look on my face then was "you have got to be kidding".

must say - after 8months of being immersed in water - the knife looked brand new, not a mark on it! ive had it now for 8 years - got to love a product like that.
LSL

Back
Top Bottom