Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another thing was a dolphin scull, it had a crab inside the brain cavity that was to big to get out. Found on wreck we call H- bouy.

A partial list would include: a kayak, several boat anchors, a dive float sand anchor, a yellow submarine (remote controlled), a marble budda, many fishing lures, 50 or so sunglasses, masks, snorkles, old bottles, a wig attached to a rock that I thought was a human head, a GI Joe scuba diver, a multi page dive slate, weight belts, weight pockets, large shackles, clamps and other rigging gear.
I like to treasure hunt sometimes when I dive.

I found a pay phone and several bikes as well as a bear claw pendant. I also found a gun safe that I reported to the sheriff. I found half a coconut shell that looked an awful lot like a skull cap for a minute.
To many lures to list and masks and snorkels as well.

I know this is one of those "you had to be there to understand" stories but had to tell it. I found my dive buddy. REALLY! We had gotten seperated quickly in murky CSSP in Terrell, TX. Our plan if seperated was to meet at our entry point but finish our dive. From a boat to a platform maybe 20 minutes later out of no where I see a figure coming from my side. It was my dive buddy, what are the chances of finding someone you lost at a different location than planned? Once we reached the platform I had to surface to keep from drowning, I was laughing so hard.

Also... 3 cel phones, one Blackberry phone that still worked after drying it out and is working today, I contacted the ower via e-mail he said please keep it. Several dollar bills a camera, frizbees, and more kid toys than I care to remember.

I just added to my anchor collection:D

IMG_4935.jpg

The ss plow anchor all cleaned up. She's puuurdy.
IMG_4987.jpg

Okay I'm fairly new to diving but i have found some cool stuff. I always try to bring up at least one piece of trash from each dive...the current list of good find is something like this:

Exercise stationary bike
old porthole fitting - no wreck nearby
padlocks
a random chunk of coal about 1ft across
lots of bottles

I always look for coke bottles...some of the old ones that I have found have sold for 50€

always nice to have the evenings drinks paid for :wink:

My friend and I were diving off Del Monte in Monterey near Fort Ord and we found this four fin “something”. I have no idea what it is. It looked like one of those toy metal bombs that you would throw up in the air and when it lands it would pop a cap to make a bang. It was about two feet long and eight inches wide. We were in at about 40 or 50 ft. It is an all metal frame with a round rubber block at the nose. It was really heavy and I remember I wish I had a lift bag to bring it up. It was a real work out for my wing. I was 95% sure in my head that this thing was not some type of live ordnance. I still remember the 5% that was not so sure, telling me to leave it alone. But lets face it, who ever listens to that 5% of our conscience. If anyone has any ideas about what it is, please let me know.

Attachments

• found.jpg
    found.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 517
Okay I'm fairly new to diving but i have found some cool stuff. I always try to bring up at least one piece of trash from each dive...the current list of good find is something like this:

Exercise stationary bike
old porthole fitting - no wreck nearby
padlocks
a random chunk of coal about 1ft across
lots of bottles

Why would you bring up a chunk of coral? Was it dead?

Back
Top Bottom