Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a Sherwood dive computer at 60 ft. To my surprise it turned on when I hit the button. I put a new battery in it and gave it to a friend who has been using it for about six years.

now, I wonder if the computer shut off due to low power or it was so far into deco that It figured the owner was dead...? :popcorn:

Doing a New Years day dive this year I found a Nikon D700 camera inside an Ikelite housing, took it home and opened it up and the camera looks like new (my wife is using it today). It loked like it had been down for several months due to crusties growing on it and the stainless latches were gone. Tried everything I could to locate the owner but no luck.

Doing a New Years day dive this year I found a Nikon D700 camera inside an Ikelite housing, took it home and opened it up and the camera looks like new (my wife is using it today). It loked like it had been down for several months due to crusties growing on it and the stainless latches were gone. Tried everything I could to locate the owner but no luck.
Yeh .. that's mine. yeh. I lost it . somewhere in Florida :crafty:

found a brand new gold Rolex Submariner diving off the Bilikiki in the Solomon Islands ~ 15 years ago. Unfortunately I was a first hand witness but not the recipient while diving with a buddy couple from LA. 7 days out from Honiara with no reported boats within 2 days. 10 minutes into our dive at ~30 feet, the watch was sitting on top of hard coral like a Rolex commercial. She reached down, picked it up & handed it to her boyfriend who calmly but it on & gave a thumb up. Hard to tell who lost it in the middle of nowhere? Much better find then the crocodile fish we had been looking for. It looked brand new except for a small scratch from the reef.

a cool ball bearing bigger than a golf ball. Buttloads of golfballs (lake with lots of houses nearby), some cool fishing lures including a bass lure shaped like a crayfish, 5mile an hour speed limit sign, numerous bottles, a few coins (about 30cents) and some sunglasses. Just as a note MANY of these items were found by my dive buddy! I'm less observant....

I forgot, we also found a pair of swimsuit bottoms in my size.... rather disturbing because at some point there was a rather large nude chick at that spot.... however it was great for me, I needed a new suit!

Diving for thr Fire Department I have found 3 bodies, several cars and about 12 guns of various styles. Best find was in Chuk, found the perscription mask lens that one of our trip members lost on a night dive the day before.

Navy black compass, LVT, various types of U.S. & Japanese shell casings and live ordinance, and many other WWII artifacts.

Now you know we need pictures with a reply like that!

1 silver bracelet with turquoise stones
1 arrow
5 golfballs
1 fishing reel
1lbs of lead fishing weights
1 snorkel
1 mask old style
surfboard fin and leash
1 pair of convers tennis shoes

Back
Top Bottom