Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously though I watched a guy pulling into a raft up one time tell his buddy to throw the anchor out. He did, RODE AND ALL!! Right to the bottom. That boat owner was a bit pissed. You must be diving a big party cove on that lake.

Seriously though I watched a guy pulling into a raft up one time tell his buddy to throw the anchor out. He did, RODE AND ALL!! Right to the bottom. That boat owner was a bit pissed. You must be diving a big party cove on that lake.

Apparently my mother did this to my dad when they were out on one of their first boats... inexperienced boaters probably throw a lot of untied anchors & ropes overboard in their zeal to help.

Lake Travis, TX has many underwater cliff and stumps for anchors to get caught on. And yes there is a particular cove that has an old sunken no wake buoy with lots of loose cable. It's not always clear enough to dive so it makes for good collecting when it is.:D

The best things I have found uderwater:

New friends
My confidence
A great sense of well being

vanessar

i found the remains of human, animal and pottery sacricfices (leg bones from at least 4 different human victims) between 100-150, deep in the jungle of the yucatan. also more human remains, including skull bits and jawbone shallower in another cave system nearby. needless to say, the bones were left undisturbed, tho most of the pottery bits are collected and hidden by local cave divers to prevent theft. if you know where the secret cache is, you can see lots of pottery.

I'm a rookie and I just got my prescription mask so now I can actually see underwater :cool2:

Others that I have dove with found a pretty nice "auto-deloying" anchor and a fishing rod with Penn reel, in great shape.

Couple miles off the coast of Palm Beach.

A couple hundred pounds of lead, a dozen or so snorkels, various masks, a Cannon camera in housing (flooded), several knives, a Skinny Dipper computer, 12-15 weight pouches for integrated BCD's.

Only been diving for a little bit so nothing very interesting yet...only

about 10 feet of rope
a dive belt with weights [was dropped by one of the clumsy people in my group during the OW certification dives]
and an anchor while walking to a shore dive [in about a foot of water]

edit: tons of shark teeth, couple Meg. teeth, and various bones

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom