Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a Penny while doing my certification.
-Small outboard propeller 9-15hp
-Bottle of Orange Power bait nuggets
-Old empty beer bottle 60`s
-Old 40oz Geneva bottle
-5 mountain bike (they are still there)
-Old wreck in a small pound
-a dead Catfish

Im looking foward to find more stuff

I can't lay claim to finding this one but I saw someone lose their dentures snokeling in Cozumel (he was on a cruise ship excursion) and a staff member at the dive shop found them - before he returned to the ship. I don't think I have ever seen a happier person!

I can't lay claim to finding this one but I saw someone lose their dentures snokeling in Cozumel (he was on a cruise ship excursion) and a staff member at the dive shop found them - before he returned to the ship. I don't think I have ever seen a happier person!

The staff member who found the dentures or the man who lost them?! :wink:

The happiest person by far was the guy who lost them. But the guy who found them - and everyone else watching - was pretty happy too!

Image216.gif

Vast majority found with a Garrett XL-500 (old style - in the 80's), some with a Minelab Excalibur in a few dives. Today I use the Garrett Infinium (an extremely powerful pulse detector that will go down feet), the Excalibur (it has good discrimination), and the XL-500 (new style). You can look at them by clicking on the gold/gems/books link.

MM

http://www.treasuresites.com

A pair of sun glasses, a small trailer wheel, the remnants of a ball peen hammer, a sailboard sail and some extraordinary days. Oh ya -- it's too bad that aluminum isn't more valuable than it is -- I think that I've pulled out about 30 lbs so far.

Remnants of a golf club (just the shaft and handgrip) -- Claytor Lake, VA
Storm Nitro Bowling Ball (appx 8-10 lbs, drilled too small for me) -- Clayor Lake, VA

Last Sunday at Clear Springs in Terrell, found a zipped up weight pocket with a single 4 pound weight in it laying on one of the underwater platforms. Must have belonged to a very small person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom