Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not found anything as good as some of the stuff I have read about here but I have found

Numerous bottles
2 Dive knives one was a new Spyderco atlantic salt
sunglasses
prescription glasses
ratchet
Dive slate
2 timex watches
a bowling ball
a purple rubber band
and a whole bunch of boats and planes at our local quarry, oddly enough.

I have not even come close to finding some of the stuff you guys have found. However, Just last weekend I did find a Red Dive Rite pencil at the bottom of the Tubes in Gilboa. Also I did find a few things in the pool sessions of my Dive class. In one of our earlier classes a girl lost an earring in the pool. Well, I brought one of my dive lights into the pool to play around, and I was lifting up the filter grates and looking into the filter. I saw something shiny, so I grabbed it and it was an earring! Or so I thought... When the class was over, I went up to one of the girls in the class and asked her if she remembered who had lost the earring. She said no she did not, but asked to see the earring. So I showed it to her, and she said "dude, that isn't a earring, it's a nipple ring!" I was a bit surprised, so I threw it back in the pool. That was the end of that. Another time, in the same pool I found 12 cents, and I also found another earring, this time it was an actual earring though. Looks like some kind of a small diamond, but I am pretty sure it is plastic or something like that. Well, that is it for now, I will write back when I find more.

Paint

i have found:
several golf balls
many,many anchors
a gold mens wedding ring
a couple of cars
a fishing pole
and 4 drowning victims on 4 different occasions(i am a search and rescue diver)
weapons from crimes(for the local sheriffs department)

once while diving at the local jettys my buddy and i found 3 fishing hooks with bait on them. so we decided to tie them together and surfaced a little ways away to watch.
needless to say they weren't happy

Found enough gold jewelry one summe to buy a $3,000.00 truck!!
All kinds of jewelry, glasses, drugs, shoes, full beer, lawn art... etc..!
You should check out our website... www.shoekrewe.net ... some more unusual postings are coming.

I found a hookah yesterday in a pond here on campus. I had been itching to see if there were anything in there and found two stop signs, a baseball bat, and probably 30+ bottles. University police showed up and asked me what the hell I was doing, but when they realized I was effectively cleaning the pond out they left me alone after I surrendered the knife I'd found. Not bad figuring the pond is smaller than most backyard pools and only about 8-10 feet deep.

Myself and two of my Buddies found an anchorpalooza of a dive site. We found probably 40 anchors of different types lost by perch fishermen off the wall in Cleveland Harbor. We only retrieved 2 of them (fluke types). Most were mushroom types as well as a plethora of sacrificial homemade types (car rims, cement coffee cans, bricks on a rope).

Lots of fun....

I found a snorkel, an anklet, a stingray barb, old bottles, and a $20 dollar bill sticking out of the sand at the St.Andrews jetties.

Engagement ring

1 year ago

if its yours pm me btw i found it in sharm al shikh

tell me the diving site and its yours

Today, Grey Rock in Indian Arm, Vancouver Canada.

First dive
1. Clear plastic packaging for candy
2. 30cm piece of cotton string
3. Brand new golf ball
4. Broken casserole dish, all the side weren't gone with only the bottom intact (didn't pick that one up though, as there were some turnicates on it)

Second dive
5. 35 feet lenght of green garden hose, ends were cut with no metal bits on either end

The thing must have been down for a couple of months from the amount of kelp growing on it. It was quite a struggle to get it out. Plus once I landed the thing, it was only then that I realised the thing stank to high heaven. Tied it to the roof of my friend's SUV by looping it on itself throught the roof rack. Dumped it in the nearest dumpster.

Only thing I kept today was the golf ball.

Back
Top Bottom