Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of bottles, an Oceanic wrist compass, and a 50 caliber round from the "wreck" of the Sapona.

I got one that tops it all. I was doing a boat dive, went down to 105 feet and found a tank (3000psi) ,bc, reg. Almost all new. All it needed was a new integrated weight system.

Jordan

Jorbar1551:
I got one that tops it all. I was doing a boat dive, went down to 105 feet and found a tank (3000psi) ,bc, reg. Almost all new. All it needed was a new integrated weight system.

Jordan

Hey, I lost a tank, bc, and reg in about 105 feet. Give it back :05:

significant - a shard of pottery in a wreck in the Philippines that identified the ship as benig American WW2, until this point, it had been believed to be a Japanese supply ship from the same era.

beneficial - never used a SMB before, found one on a dive, stashed it in BC pocket and it quite possibly saved the lives of me and my buddy the next morning. Quite a story, see here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=108966

weirdest - a ski pole, 5 miles off shore, in Thailand (I still wonder).

I recently found a large black glass bottle off of a beach in about 15 feet of water. Probably uncovered by the swells we were getting at the time. Research shows it to be from the early 1700s due to design and shape.

Other items:
watch - still working, various articles of clothing - under a floating bar, dishware, $5 bills, flashlights, dingy ladder, and fishing lures.

A full bottle, still corked, of Teacher's Scotch. Presumably from the 19th Century. Price of finding it - losing my knife on the same dive. Worth it - I'd say so.

Gosh, makes my list sound puny.
I've found a mask, a beach towel, a high-tech underwater slate, a toilet and a bicycle.

Aussie Diver:
A full bottle, still corked, of Teacher's Scotch. Presumably from the 19th Century. Price of finding it - losing my knife on the same dive. Worth it - I'd say so.

So, how was that Scotch?

Still sealed, soaking in fresh water. I wouldnt waste soemthing that valuable on me - my tastes in booze aren't exactly that exotic.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to preserve a lead seal that's been under salt water for more than a century?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom