Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under the cruise ship dock on cozumel ... many pairs of sunglasses, 2 watches, 4 full bottles of corona, a large sunhat, a fifty dollar bill,

an oms mask under a bridge in west palm

a penn rod a reel at 125' on the papoose in NC, swam around with it the whole dive, got some funny looks, sold it for $75, i dont fish or eat seafood...

slates, weights, weight belts, a snorkel in various quarries

I found a skateboard and a cereal bowl in Burnham harbor this year.

i've found, some really nice porcealin plates, i huge vase, some old pipes, enough old beer bottles to sinks a ship, a pair of new reebok shoes, etc.

Gold and silver - every week. Down the bottom end of the pool along with bandaids and other unspeakable stuff. Fan gently with fin and you're left with the heavies, including jewellery. Hand in big stuff. Fastenings and single links in the pot to be sold as scrap.

I found myself.

2 bright green marbles in pearl lake, IL.

Let me see.... a dive belt lost by my partner over 2 months previous, a rod and reel with lure still attached (still use it), 2 marine batteries, a few traps, 3 anchors and about 150 foot of nice rope, lots of weights and lures, 100s of megladon sharks teeth (still looking ofr that 6 or 7 incher), old bottles, some rally scary huge catfish, and lots of friends!
IKE

on a recent dive with my daughter we had gone down twice on the same wreck.

A princeton tec 8 c-cell light in perfect shape was found on the second dive. My daughter hadn't realized she had lost it on the 1st dive.

The wire tie had come off.

Now all my eqpt is secured to snap links with nylon cords- looped ,tied, and with melted ends . I recommend this precaution to all. Wire ties aren't to be trusted for your valuable accessories. MK

When I was about 15 I was diving off a rock ledge off Isla Verde in Puert Rico and while sifting around for who knows what I found something stuck in the sand. I began to sift away, whatever it was it was suctioned in the sand. I kept digging away until it gave way. I surfaced with it from about 40 feet. After careful observation between my dad and my uncle the only conclusion was that I may have found a pirates wood peg leg....I'm serious...don't know what else it could be. I still have it till this day.

JC

Back
Top Bottom