Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FatCat:
What, if anything, have you found and salvaged on your dives? I'm not talking about scavenging wrecks, I'm just curious to know what items, if any, all of you have stumbled upon while diving.

Here's my list to date :

4 kg of lead weights
2 masks
1 snorkel
1 safety sausage
1 bottle of champagne
1 dive knife with integrated bottle opener
assorted litter

I have been diving for over 35 years ad have found a bunch of stuff, but two days ago I found an intact Iberian Olive Jar in 50 feet of water in the Piscataqua River, New Hampshire. It appears to be about 300 years old!!! Quite a find...I'll take some photos of it.

Wayne

Things I've found underwater :

50 gallon oil drum
numerous soda cans + empty beer bottles
tire
frisbee
sandbag
fishing tackle
1 pair of mens brown shorts, size 40

Saddest thing I saw floating in the water was on the way back from Similans, 2 months after the tsunami, I spotted one of those plastic spiral key chains with key attached floating by the boat near Kao Lak. Considering that the person originally attached to it likely didn't survive :(

DIVER_11:
i find the bottom every time i go.

I hope you don't find the bottom on a wall dive - except maybe the shallower bottom leading to the edge!

Many years ago, I found an old copper drinking mug while diving in Lake Huron - must have been a wreck around there or some old sailor droped it into the drink.
montyb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom