Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishing underwater with a rod and reel. HAHAHAHA. Classic quote.

shotgun shell casings

golf balls
a downrigger cannonball
old Fox Deluxe beer can
huge salmon spoon
several fishing lures
many weights, some with pockets
a watch (it works)
a dollar bill

and my favorite

a complete rod & reel. It was great picking this up, then my buddies look back and see me swimming along with it. They did a double take. Then walking out of the water carrying it, someone actually walked over and and asked if I found it or did I bring it with the intention of fishing underwater.

Juls

I really like this thread. So many interesting finds it's really amazing!

I started out diving just so I could get into spearfishing, but recently the treasure hunting bug has bit me and instead of dreaming of fish I've been dreaming of finding all those neat underwater finds. And tomorrow I'm planning another dive. Can't wait to see what I'll find!

Here's my collection so far....

• 2 Aerobie Flying Rings
• 1 mask
• 3 snorkels
• A camo baseball hat
• Halibut Hammer
• JBL competition fish stringer
• Rotating rock point JBL spear tip
• At least 260 pounds of lead sinkers
• Around 50 fishing lures
• A new scuba weight pouch with 3 five pound mesh weights inside
• An old useless nylon weight belt with 12lbs of regular looped dive weights
• Toy car (made by… Matchbox I believe)
• Half a dozen golf balls
o A 10-15lb fortress anchor
o 18lb crab claw anchor

Hey! Those Flying Rings are mine! My brother and I used to loose about one per season tossing 100 yard flights. Eventually one goes in the drink at the shore. The metal ring in them makes them sink in the surf.

I found a large Mexican Silver ring on Folly Beach, SC by sheer luck. I was just digging around in about 4' of surf water and felt something bump my foot after digging up a bucket (my daughters for building sand castles lol) of sand. So I stepped on what ever it was to hold it, reached down grabbed it and a handfull of sand...only to find it was a large silver ring.

I mean the chances of how I found it had to be atronomic!

I also found my first Megladon tooth (beat up...but still found one) the first time diving for one on the Blackwaters of the ICWs near Baeufort, SC. Gota give a thanks to SeaJay...he's the one who took me out to look for them! :D

Just got a Garrett Infinum LS last year and can't wait to take it diving in the surf regions of some of SC's beaches!

I have also been researching the Le'Prince, a French Corsair that sank off of Port Royal. Even if I could find just a busted piece of anything related to that ship...that has been resting on the sea floor for over 250+ years...ooooh...man that would be sweet.

Hey Scott, I too have a underwater metal detector, mine is a Minelab Excalibur. I haven't been at the beach in a year doing any detecting but I am itching to go. I now live over in Mt P, so maybe I'll head over to IOP after work here soon.

A buddy of mine has that Garret Infinum and the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a pulse induction detector so you might get a signal on a nail at 2' deep. Then again, you might get a signal on a rolax at 2' deep and my Minelab would most likely go over it.

Any time you want to go diving/detecting let me know, I need to get a dive shaft for my detector though.

Rediscovered my sense of self, and love of nature. :D

Reactions: g2
I found a new jacket, nothing in any pockes,
a brand new and fully working LED light on a night dive, great so I had two lights for the rest of that dive
found the owner 1 day later via a local forum,
lead, fins, and the usual junk people drop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom