Things you are (almost but not really) ashamed of doing while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if it helps.....i have touched a live bus bar in a 200 amp 240 volt panel, while on an alluminum ladder, wearing only my socks. :)
Same as sticking a bobby win in an outlet.

In my experience, what you describe is extremely common. Working with imperial units, in my early diving, when I was in the neighborhood of 30m/100 feet, I would frequently dip a little so I would be in triple figures when I logged the dives. That did not last too long with me, but I saw it with many others. Once when I was in Bonaire, I dived with a group, and we planned a dive with a maximum depth of 80 feet, but, sure enough, two of them decided they had to go to 100 feet so they could say they were at 100 feet. Of course, the result was they were low on air way before everyone else, and it screwed the dive for the rest of us.
I once went to 149'. I considered dropping to 150, just because, told myself it might be the narcosis talking, took a picture of my console and edged back up.

You may need counseling [a 'Shrink' of some sort], you don't do shrinks, you my need to.
Just never take up sky diving and test the limit of when to pull the rip cord.
40m on what gas mix, Air or EAN32% 1.6 pO2...Or ?
Air. Just air. But I monitor my NDL. And strictly respect my DC commands and mentally calculate bottom times.

Hmm, from the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about peeing while wearing a wetsuit.
I thought about it but I did not mention it fearing that I would be called a troll :)

In my experience, what you describe is extremely common. Working with imperial units, in my early diving, when I was in the neighborhood of 30m/100 feet, I would frequently dip a little so I would be in triple figures when I logged the dives. That did not last too long with me, but I saw it with many others. Once when I was in Bonaire, I dived with a group, and we planned a dive with a maximum depth of 80 feet, but, sure enough, two of them decided they had to go to 100 feet so they could say they were at 100 feet. Of course, the result was they were low on air way before everyone else, and it screwed the dive for the rest of us.
Happy to know I am not a freak. I have a pretty good SAC (8 to 12 l/min) compared to average so I have never screwed other people dive time.

I like to experiment a lot; I'm not ashamed of it, but it can drive other divers crazy.

My latest experiment was putting a wetsuit pocket, on my sidemount tank. I dove with it empty for it's first dive, and so far so good, so I just ordered another pocket to put on the other tank & will probably use the pockets for items like DSMBs, reels, and similar items.

Hmm, from the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about peeing while wearing a wetsuit.

If you dive naked, you can't pee in your wetsuit.

If someone wants to take it to the next level, there's always pooping in your wetsuit (or naked). I've been curious what people do during those really long 3-to-6 hour deco stops if they suddenly feel something knocking at the backdoor.

If someone wants to take it to the next level, there's always pooping in your wetsuit (or naked). I've been curious what people do during those really long 3-to-6 hour deco stops if they suddenly feel something knocking at the backdoor.
I remembered reading some articles mentioning that some cave divers suffering from constipation. They have to be careful with the food they ate on the trip. Not sure if it is true or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom