Things to do in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you serious? Did you just miss the Asian Dive Expo here over last weekend?
Lots of gear up for grabs... for non-divers, there's always barbequed pork.

i just returned from Singapore, I had such a great time. I had a great time treking through the rainforest (Bukit Timah nature preserve), the wetlands were also fantastic (Sungei buloh wetlands), with many large monitor lizards. The botanical gardens were nice too.

You can also get clothes really cheap, once you are outside the more touristy areas.

but one of my favorite things about singapore is cheap flights to phuket ($80 USD round trip), and to Borneo ($109 USD round trip from JB) - what deals!

there is supposed to be good diving in Bintan (according to dive Indonesia), but the problem is no way really to get to the sites, I heard the sites at the resorts there are not as good as the ones they checked out in the book.

have fun!

Scott

hi awall54308, if you're looking for dive gear, like the previous post mentioned, you just missed the asian dive expo last weekend.. but u can still get pretty good deals at the dive stores.. remember to bargain though.. diving aside, you can hunt for electronic items here; there's a 24 hour mall called Mustafa that you can head to (even at 3am in the morning)... they sell almost everything & anything.. and they're pretty cheap.. very popular with us locals & its not a tourist trap.. have fun shopping

Hi ,

If you are thinking of getting some computer parts or photography gear, you can head down to Sim Lim Square at Rochor Road.Go to the information counter, and get the printed list of reputable shops in Sim Lim Square , compiled by the Singapore Tourism Board. Know the price of the stuff you wanted to buy, before heading there. And bargain.

For photography gear, you can check out, Alan Photo at ground level. For gear related to dive photography, you can check out ScubaCam at Golden Wall centre, just across the street from Sim Lim Square. Look for David. A very knowledgable and helpful photographer. Housing, dome ports and strobes are at prices cheaper than the States.

For sightseeing, maybe you can head down to nearby Suntec City for the Duck Tour ride. Its a amphibious vehicle that will take you through some land tour around Suntec City and Town area, before heading for the sea. And you will have some boating in local waters. Seeing the Singapore city from another view. After which, you can try to book a Sun Set viewing tour from the Duck Tour Counter. You will be lead to the top of the Suntec City office block at 45 stories, and watch the sun set with the CBD ( Central Business Distict ) backdrop. The Duck Tour Counter is located near to Watson store. Or you can do a google on Singapore Duck Tours.

Cheers, hope you will like the visit to Singapore.

awall54308:
I will be in Singapore next July for 3 days. I was wondering what are the "must do" or places to see?

For me THE thing to do in Singapore would be to go to little India and have a nice traditional Indian FISH HEAD curry. I tell you; Indian food is soooooo good and the fish head curry is a specialty that just shouldn't be missed. :D

I've visited Singapore a few months ago and got some journals I wrote and photos I took at my personal site here: http://www.singaporeguides.info

Overall I really liked the experience during my travel. Loved the colorful pre-war shop houses in Chinatown. And the downtown cityscape is simply breathtaking!

Back
Top Bottom