They told me to

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishyak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was told to say "HI" so here I am.

I'd say I am a relatively experienced diver, having dove for work the past few years and for fun for years before that. I've run the gambit of what you can do with an AL80 from the surface down to 130', nitrox, FFMs, drysuit, wetsuit, just a pair of boxers, spearfishing (freediving is my true love), and a little salvage and light construction underwater. Growing up in Rhode Island, I was a cold, murky water diver but my new job has me in the tropics. I'm a USCG ticketed 100 ton inland master and at this point you must be getting the hint: I'm a damn water rat.:shakehead:

My girlfriend just moved to NC and I am looking to step my game up in the graveyard of the atlantic and potentially with the caving opportunities in "nearby" florida. I work in Mexico somewhat frequently and work with a couple tec guys as well. The culmination of this is I think it's time to step it up. I don't know what direction to go though, they all look so exciting. doubles or sidemount? or maybe rebreathers? I'd do rebreathers in a flash if I could. I got to try an evo once and was blown away but I don't really have that kind of cash. Sidemount seems like a reasonable option because I appreciate how tank management is important. what you learned in sidemount would seem pertinent to both doubles or rebreathers if (ok "when") I got into one (or both!) of those at a later date.

If you live in/near RI, MA, ME, NC, or La Paz, MX hit me up for a scuba or freediving buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom