They pager just did it anoying beeping thing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m in the process of getting ready to go to work early because today is qualification time. I have to qualify with the 45, 38, Mini and 12ga. prior to checking into service. If we fail to qualify we get taken out of service and are given a ride home until we can qualify at a later date.

So I’ve got my uniform half on when I hear the dreaded BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I grab it and it is in a language unknown to everyone on this planet.

I call dispatch and they say they didn’t page anyone. A few minutes later it goes off again. I grab it again and it is a cancellation. Seems that one of the new dispatchers hit the wrong keys and gave all of us an adrenaline shot.

Now with a double load of adrenaline the timed phase of my qualification shouldn’t be a problem at all. Where is the Full Auto Selector Switch on a S&W Air-weight?

Gary D.

Hope all went well for you,did you call the dispatchers and thank them for the boost, while asking them to never do it again :D

OK, how about this "beep"..."beep"..."beep" @ 0230. "Boat in distress, Russ Point Landing Call Dispatch". I call- Me: "Dispatch - you have a BID at Russ Point?", 911 center- "We know that sir!", Me: "No, I'm water search and rescue, I'm responding to your page." 911 center: "Are you Coast Guard?" Me: "No, I'm WATER SEARCH AND RESCUE, you paged me!", Dispatch: "You're not Coast Guard?" ME: (visions of boats swamping, children drowning) NO DAMMIT! I told you I'm water search and rescue! We are a volunteer water search and rescue unit that has been working under emergency management for FIVE YEARS!!!" Dispatch: "Calm down sir....I paged you?"
Me:"YES YOU PAGED ME! That is why I'm calling you now! Would you please give me
any further info you have so I can l begin a response!" Dispatch: "One minute sir..." NOW I"M ON HOLD! AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NOVIZWHIZ:
OK, how about this "beep"..."beep"..."beep" @ 0230. "Boat in distress, Russ Point Landing Call Dispatch". I call- Me: "Dispatch - you have a BID at Russ Point?", 911 center- "We know that sir!", Me: "No, I'm water search and rescue, I'm responding to your page." 911 center: "Are you Coast Guard?" Me: "No, I'm WATER SEARCH AND RESCUE, you paged me!", Dispatch: "You're not Coast Guard?" ME: (visions of boats swamping, children drowning) NO DAMMIT! I told you I'm water search and rescue! We are a volunteer water search and rescue unit that has been working under emergency management for FIVE YEARS!!!" Dispatch: "Calm down sir....I paged you?"
Me:"YES YOU PAGED ME! That is why I'm calling you now! Would you please give me
any further info you have so I can l begin a response!" Dispatch: "One minute sir..." NOW I"M ON HOLD! AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Where is Allen Funt and his camera? OK, I know he's dead but his kid is still at it. That is just way to funny, Very sad but funny. Did they ever get the wires un-crossed?

They just changed our paging system so anyone in the department can page any one or any group from any copmputer. I'm not so sure this is going to be a good thing. Thats how ours just happened.

I did good on the qualifing. Wired tight as the daylights but OK.

Gary D.

Yep, we got the same thing...we can do individual pages or a group page. I've got about 20 guys carrying pagers....best thing is I have the program, I can set it up anyway I want. Works pretty good....most of the time. I went through the course the local PD has here a couple of years ago with my Smith 38...did pretty good, qualified with it, even though I'm not a serious shooter....I was prety satisfied with myself. My friend, a LT. handed me one of his handguns and told me to run the course again...did I mention the gun was a snub-nosed .44? JEEZ! First shot and I was ruined....I couldn't hit the berm after that....loosened at least two fillings and my eyes were crossed for an hour....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom