The WHALE--3/21/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After over 2 years of waiting, I can finally check this one of the list...

Dave, JJ, and I were diving the south at Route 66 for a relatively unremarkable dive. On our way back to the mooring we were checking out the macro world below when Dave and I coincidentally looked behind us and to the left.

At 60 fsw cruising down the "road" this is what we saw...

3378865274_d54161274d_b.jpg

!!!!!!!

amazing.

More photos to come and possibly about 5 seconds of video...but we'll see.

22nd, not 21st. edit

Last edited:
Spectacular. And to think you could have easily missed it. I am now green with envy :D. Thanks for posting the pic.

Wow, what a site. I have only seen them on the surface and heard them underwater. Always wanted to be in the water and see one! Kinda like the elusive dolphin!

How close were you? Typical, going to check out the macro world when you see the Leviathon, fortunatlely you didn't have a macro lens on at the time, nice photo.

beautiful shot - and still a critter on my top 10 list ... very cool that you got to see it.

Aloha, Tim

That is so cool! I still want to see one. But I don't dive those obscure spots that you do. I will frequently look around, though, just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom