The Washington Scuba Alliance needs your help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neoerik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You all may have received this email from me already, but I wanted to pass on the word for the people who are not part of the Washington Scuba Alliance http://www.wascuba.org

Folks,

The legislative session in Olympia is winding down. We are at a critical juncture. Sen. Phil Rockefeller, a great friend of the dive community, has requested $481,000 in the senate version of the budget to get a Dive Site Development Program off the ground - perhaps into the water is a better way to put it. The program is geared to begin replacing a number of dive sites that the dive community will be losing to creosote piling removals, ferry terminal redevelopments, and growth in general.

It's a key program for all of us and we need your support. Here’s what you can do – it may seem small, but trust me, it is REALLY impactful:

If you live in Senator Margarita Prentice’s (Chairman of Ways & Means) district, the 11th (Renton) district, call or email Senator Prentice directly. Her office is (360) 786-7616; e-mail is prentice.margarita@leg.wa.gov; the toll free legislative hotline is 1-800-562-6000.

If you live in Senator Craig Pridemore’s district (Vice Chairman of Ways & Means), the 49th (Vancouver) district, call or email Senator Pridemore directly. His office is 360-786-7696; e-mail is pridemore.craig@leg.wa.gov; the toll free legislative hotline is 1-800-562-6000.

The message is very simple and respectful - "Please support Senator Rockefeller's underwater park budget request. It’s very important to the dive community. Thanks so much!"

If you live in any other district, please call your Senator and ask him/her to contact BOTH Senator Prentice AND Senator Pridemore with the same message - asking for support for Senator Rockefeller’s budget request for the dive community.

To find out your district (and your Senator), go to http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

For those who want to really get involved, be in Olympia on Saturday. The Legislature will be around, at least from about 10am to 2pm. Folks from Vancouver would be great - having a dozen divers here would be great. If folks are going out to Hood Canal or passing through Olympia and can spend some time at the Capitol it would be helpful. If you want to do that, call me at 425.830.9545.

Again, it takes just a few moments but you can have a BIG impact... If anyone does indeed call/email (and we DO need you to call/email), would you please let me know.

I'll be in Olympia on Saturday to chat with Sen. Pridemore. It would be good to know who and how many called...

Thanks in advance for this important help!

*Please forward this message on to your friends and family - we need all the support we can get!

Mike

Mike Racine
President, Washington Scuba Alliance
mikera@centurytel.net

Back
Top Bottom