The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you use the bungee straps? Also they just released an update with several corrections and even some new additions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also they just released an update with several corrections and even some new additions.

Yes, I've updated my unit and the additions look good. My only comment, Suunto, is that I wish there were an easier way to clear the compass waypoint.

Yes, I've updated my unit and the additions look good. My only comment, Suunto, is that I wish there were an easier way to clear the compass waypoint.

Hmm hooked mine up to DM5, but it doesn't give me an option to upgrade the firmware..

Hello,

regarding the slipping: we're offering a neoprene sleeve that supports the fastening with strap (SS021495000). Especially when not wearing a suit this will help.

So you would rather have it directly in compass view?

I case the update button doesn't show up please restart DM5. Let me know should it still not work...

br Hendrik

Hello,

regarding the slipping: we're offering a neoprene sleeve that supports the fastening with strap (SS021495000). Especially when not wearing a suit this will help.

So you would rather have it directly in compass view?

I case the update button doesn't show up please restart DM5. Let me know should it still not work...

br Hendrik

Hendrik@Suunto there are a lot more questions that are specifically asking you to answer them yet you ignore them and just answer on some of the questions that were asked...
I am stilling thinking of buying this product but somehow I am starting to doubt how I want to support and buy products from a company that can't answer on a few basic questions. I even sent the mail directly to suunto, but the answer was so basic and repetitive it looked like a copy and paste type of answer and the only thing they told me is to look at the manual! Well doooh, I did check the manual and there are not the answers that I was looking for. So I am asking you again, take 10 minutes of your time and if you are giving out answers at least answer all of the questions that were directed to you aka your product. That's the polite thing to do, and not ignore...

Hi
sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. Regarding the updating: surely it would be good to bring out all at once but since EON is a new platform there is much work even behind smaller things, also because we want to improve already existing functions. If a compass without locking feature is of no use depends on the situation. There are many scenarios where a rough orientation will do, others where you need it for sure... so it's not purposeless in my opinion. However, I understand your point that this is something considered a given and not worth an add-on so to speak...
As for the 48h lock-out: If the ceiling is consequently ignored you'll make the computer lock out. We're aware that especially for advanced divers this may be a downer and we're reconsidering this. I can't make any promises though since simply too early.

br, Hendrik

Hendrik,
I have really enjoyed using the Eon Steel and run a DX as a backup. The new compass lock feature is great, and I do like the added benefit of having the compass locks showing up in the downloaded data.

1. Thoughts on when a plan mode would be released and if the plan mode would include deco dives.

2. Have you thought about adding a simulation mode?

3. There is a choice between graphical and classical views, it would be nice if I could have the option of mixing the two views in one mode instead of decide inc on one over the other.

4. I prefer to use it he bungee kit, but know that others are interested in the neoprene sleeve. When would the neoprene sleeve be available to US Dealers?

Thanks,
Landen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm hooked mine up to DM5, but it doesn't give me an option to upgrade the firmware..

Upgraded option appeared on 6/1/15. Now running with the new firmware. Only issue is the Pod hasn't shipped yet and last I heard was a 2 week lead time.

upgraded to the new firmware, compass looks good now, what else was included in the update ? I am headed to the keys for a week of diving with the computer, so it will see more use, don't want to completely give up on the unit until I have the air sending unit.

Back
Top Bottom