The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would you violate your deci ceiling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When there are still unknowns about normal decompression, I guess it's even harder to deal with the effects of missed deco in a reliable way and with enough certainty fir them to confidently advise you on what to do.
Some may argue that the computer should let the user reset it if they think they know better, others may argue that in that case the computer is allowing the user to do something not safe.

For whatever it is worth to the Suunto guys...Making the EON Steel not backwards compatible with my existing Suunto transmitters is a problem for me. I can understand that the older computers from Suunto would be unable to use the new tank POD , but the EON should be able to use the old transmitters. You obviously have the code written to read them. I would have to buy a transmitter when I already have several? I would choose to not do so and will likely go with another brand. What a shame, that would have been such an easy win.

For you anti hoseless AI people, I like the feature but also have standard SPG, I wouldn't rely solely on that. nor should anyone else diving Rec or Tec

I am happy That they get rid of the old (****) transmitter! Too much problems with overlapping channels, loosing connections etc. I think it's not only a software thing they have for sure different hardware

Hello.
That the "old" transmitter is not compatible with EON Steel has hardware and software reasons. If it had been the software only we would have aimed for making it compatible with EON Steel as well but the hardware aspect were too much of a compromise considering the improvements (much easier pairing, multiple reading, better communication).
As for the lock-out: Yes it is correct that it will lock out when you break the ceiling for 3min straight, means that multiple minor violations won't affect. Doing so is not advisable for obvious reasons and the 48h lock is generally reasonable. Nevertheless we are considering a reset function as there are situation that require a reset.

br Hendrik

Why would a Tec computer EVER lock out?
A real tech computer won't. A recreational one masquerading as a tech computer? Well you see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom