the USCG DUANE, once again, friday, 4/25/2014, photos,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
planned on 2 dives @ the BLUE HOLE(a deep reef site abeam sand island, no mooring buoys), however viz on the outside reef tract this morning was dreadful, grungy green, maybe 30FT(low tide). we elected to cruise to deeper water (the duane, 1.2 NM southeast of molasses reef) in search of blue water and improved viz. we found it! bright sunshine, light NE winds, 1ft seas. double on buoy D2(smokestack, mid ships). barely noticeable reverse current, blue water, viz 50-70+(much less particulates/snot than yesterday and viz improved on today's 2nd dive), constant water temp 78F @ 60-100FT. schools of black groupers, grey/yellowtail snappers, permit, horseye jacks. wide angle captures courtesy of timg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

retirement? say again CAJUN DIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 85
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 81
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 73
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 68
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 68
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 70
  • d7.jpg
    d7.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 71
  • d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 74
  • d9.jpg
    d9.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 71
  • d10.jpg
    d10.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 72
  • d11.jpg
    d11.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 73
  • d12.jpg
    d12.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 63
  • d13.jpg
    d13.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 65
  • d14.jpg
    d14.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 61
  • d15.jpg
    d15.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 69
reefman, the retirement comment was strictly tongue-in-cheek...probably just wishing I COULD retire and move down to Key Largo :D

Really good shots Tim. I especially love #9 & #11...interesting angle/perspective!

Wow, great day on the Duane, I have to get back down to Key Largo on one of my visits to Boynton Beach. Absolutely gorgeous photos Tim

Good diving, Craig

reefman, the retirement comment was strictly tongue-in-cheek...probably just wishing I COULD retire and move down to Key Largo :D

Really good shots Tim. I especially love #9 & #11...interesting angle/perspective!

Thank you CajunDiva. The nice thing about diving the wreck a lot is taking the time to look at it differently.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2014 at 12:17 PM ----------

Wow, great day on the Duane, I have to get back down to Key Largo on one of my visits to Boynton Beach. Absolutely gorgeous photos Tim

Good diving, Craig

Thank you Craig.

Damn, man...what do you do, live down there? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom