The Underwater Bike....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few problems, what happens if a gear gets stripped because of too much pressure? And it will get banged on the ground eventually. And what about safety for your buddy a fin in your face is bad enough but a propeller could really hurt.

By upgrading the propulsion system to a self-propelled powerplant this (SeaBike) doohickey would be transformed from a novelty to something quite revolutionary.

IMG_0458.jpeg

I like the attempt at innovation, however at least in it's current design seems extremely impractical even for open-water. I'd certainly be happy to give it a try too see if it lives up to it's claims.

One concern I have which I didn't see skimming the thread (though it may be here) is that it would be very prone to entanglement. Not just on rope and fishing line, but also simple seaweed.

Patent infringement? 🤔
IMG_0468.jpeg

.....nice find!
Thanks! I had no idea it was such a competitive market with a new apparatus being submitted every 60 years or so. Can't wait for the 2084 proposal! On a personal note, one of my biggest regrets was never learning how to juggle.

Back
Top Bottom