The Ultimate Bonaire Crime Poll

Ever personally been a victim of crime on Bonaire?

• I live or own property there - I was a victim of crime on Bonaire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like we are back to

1:10 ratio.

Is that good or bad?

If I make the calculation I find 8% so far and not 10%.
But still it is a guesstimation as we are not completely sure of the numbers.

Any how, never mind the results of the poll. If they show a low rate or a high rate, they only show the number of victims from the active SB visitors.

If I make the calculation I find 8% so far and not 10%.
But still it is a guesstimation as we are not completely sure of the numbers.

Any how, never mind the results of the poll. If they show a low rate or a high rate, they only show the number of victims from the active SB visitors.

Doesn't even show that; simply shows the number of people who clicked on which answer - which answers may or may not be truthful. (Hell, we wont even know if those folks have actually been to Bonaire.)

Doesn't even show that; simply shows the number of people who clicked on which answer - which answers may or may not be truthful. (Hell, we wont even know if those folks have actually been to Bonaire.)

I thought I was buying a BP&W :confused:. Now I need to start over.

I thought I was buying a BP&W :confused:. Now I need to start over.

Save your money, I'm working on an integrated octo/LPI/split-fin.

Tagline: "One less hose, one less fin; one less thing to have stolen."

:D

I always have 2 questions when people reply like this:

#1 If you believe what you replied with, why would you even bother to reply to the thread? :confused:

#2 So how is this poll any different then any other poll? The vast majority of all polls are non-verfified polls.

Which brings us back to the question

It's currently showing 6 : 67

1:11

Is that good or bad?

Are people not able to understand the math or the question?

If you make 11 trips to Bonaire you're likely to be a victim of crime 1 time out of your 11 trips.

Good or bad?

If you make 11 trips to Bonaire you're likely to be a victim of crime 1 time out of your 11 trips.

Technically I believe (willing to be corrected if I am wrong) that you are in incorrect. What that means is that 1 out of every 11 people arriving on Bonaire will be subjected to crime of some sort and not that if you (a person) travels there 11 times they are guaranteed to experience it. People will travel to Bonaire and never experiecne crime because they are not the 11th traveller.

No statistics course in college?

Now we are going to go off on a tangent about validity and theory of statics? Let's not.

Wow, this is a way harder question then I ever thought. It's pretty innocent, not sure what the problem is, it's just asking your personal opinion based on what the poll is demonstrating as the statistics. It's not even higher level math.

So far you have 73 respondents. 67 of the 73 have had no experience with crime on Bonaire and 6 of the 73 have. That's 6:67 or 1:11 ratio or 9% of people who have responded to the poll or in other words :

a crime rate of 9%
1 chance out of 11 of being a victim of a crime

Nothing too difficult here guys. Nothing sinister.

Simple question - based on the answers to your poll so far is that good or bad?

Sure the sampling is small, but so far that's all you got and the question is based on the poll as it is. If the poll changes then obviously your take on it would be proportional to the change.

So you can caviat your answer with the preclusion of "Taking into consideration the small relative sampling numbers of the poll.... but based on the current number I feel that 1 chance out of 11 is rather higher than I would have expected... rather right about what I expected... rather lower than I expected.... as the poll sampling expands and if the crime statistic ratio goes down I would feel that the small sampling was throwing off the right number.... or as the poll sampling expands and if the crime statistics ratio goes up, that would really suprise me...."

See how you play along nice nice? It's not hard, you just have to be honest and have objectivity and then it's not a hard question to answer cause you aren't fearful of anything. Now you try...

1 chance out of 11 of being a victim of a crime

There are two very different statements and IMO it does make a difference to what you are spreading so which is it?

I rewrote it for you steve in the above post to make it easier.

And the 2 statements you are quoting are identical. Become objective and you have nothing to fear. You don't have to stand on one side of the issue or the other, you can be objective and read the data and make statements based off of it.

That is objective observation. (That's the part that you guys have the most trouble with. You have a pre-disposed 'side' to the issue or a pre-disposed outlook, so no matter what the data or 'evidence' of anything is you can't be objective because that would cause you to have to reconsider your outlook on the issue, which you can't do, cause, damn it, it's the internet and me and scuba be-bop, and cool diver and Janet are all on the same side!!!) LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom