The Ultimate Bonaire Crime Poll

Ever personally been a victim of crime on Bonaire?

• I live or own property there - I was a victim of crime on Bonaire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your poll is showing statiscally for every 10 visits to Bonaire you will be a victim of crime once.

Is that good or bad?

Mike..It was a joke! I answered "never been there but anyplace is safer". It wasn't meant to be a statistically valid poll.:rofl3:

" Originally Posted by mfinley919 View Post
Your poll is showing statiscally for every 10 visits to Bonaire you will be a victim of crime once.

Is that good or bad?
"
Mike..It was a joke! I answered "never been there but anyplace is safer". It wasn't meant to be a statistically valid poll.:rofl3:

It's called a joke, I'm sending you $20.00 so you can buy a clue.

:popcorn:
Personally, I really enjoyed your poll! I was trying also to mix humor with logic, when I set up the "Are You Armed" poll last year. Not everyone gets the humor, or the understands barbs and truths within.

If those are what are showing then I'll eat crow (a bit salty) and accept his numbers as stated at the time. Thanks for clarifying the votes CD and CT.....

Actually, his numbers are very close, and at the time stated, pretty much dead on for this poll...

As of now, there are 67 respondents, of those, 4 have indicated they were victims of crime on Bonaire... two have been there 1-5 times and have been a victim of crime once, one has been there more than 5 times and been a victim once...

The one that catches me is maxguru... who reports they have been there more than 5 times and been a victim of crime multiple times, I would like to hear about this and why maxguru continues to visit Bonaire...

And what circumstances were involved, in becoming a repeat target?
There might be lessons to be learned from this particular poster?! I would hope he would volunteer further information, as it might have value to others.

I see my post telling you what import this thread and those posters that instigated have, has been removed. No short note from a moderator, nothing. Fine. You want silly jokes instead of addressing the real crime issue on Bonaire? Fine. Have at it. Selective moderating? No thanks.

I see my post telling you what import this thread and those posters that instigated have, has been removed. No short note from a moderator, nothing. Fine. You want silly jokes instead of addressing the real crime issue on Bonaire? Fine. Have at it. Selective moderating? No thanks.

Boohohohoho!!!:rofl3::shakehead::no::mooner::popcorn:

I just went back and see that some posts are now missing from this thread. It was not a request from the OP....

So, you might want to keep an eye out on what "drivel" you chose to write in these threads :popcorn:

Are you asking to be banned?

While this isn't a scientific poll by any means, for those interested in seeing where ScubaBoard members are when it comes to being a victim of crime on Bonaire...

• 78 respondents so far
  • 74 have never been a victim of crime on Bonaire
  • 3 have been a victim of crime once
  • 1 has been a victim of crime multiple times

First of all......ESL. Secondly, the fact that you did not get a short note from the MOD about removing your post is not called selective moderating. Personally, I would like to be told when my posts disappear with a brief explanation of why because sometimes I legitimately do not see the issue. Others it comes as no surprise (like the latest threads on Bonaire). Not all MODs (can) take the time to do this. If you search there are many posts/threads on this......the fact that the MOD did not tell you is NOT selective Moderating. It was a choice. Sometimes you only get a couple "I am going to tell you the same reason as the last 20 times" before they say no more.

Now to stay on topic, hopefully the 4 posters that responded "experienced crime" will share with us a brienf story. I for one would like to know what the conditions were, what was "experienced" in the way of crime etc.. I would be interesting to label those as serious crime or petty crime. No crime is acceptable but there is still degrees of severity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom