The Ultimate at home repair bench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok guys,

Have some down time and was wondering: For all of those who work on gear at home (VIP, regs, suits) what would you want for your bench. Are you just going to order the entire www.scubatools.com catalog?

Eric

I just ordered some tools from Trident Diving Accessories. They have IP gauges, spanners, oring kits, and a bunch of other stuff. What tools would you suggest owning if you were setting up a bench??

but it does get a little noisy at times - like when others want to eat. Bought a few tools like the assembly tool for the Mk20 and made others like a yoke nut socket and pin spanner.

Well. I would have the basics: Tools for the regs I have (apex), O-rings, pics. What I would love:

Utlrasonic cleaner
Shed or work area for viping tanks and hanging up tools.

Eric

I cringe at what an "Ultimate" bench would cost.

The "must have" items (for my regs) are the IP gauges, pre-set tools, and in-line adjustment tool.

The "really nice to have" items are the ultrasonic cleaner and the regulated dry air blowgun.

The "nice to have" items are the magnehelic gauge, the inexpensive specialty tools (e.g. purge cover remover doofer), and a pony.

Right now, I'd like a larger ultrasonic cleaner and a bench mounted tank valve (maybe attached to a pressure reducing regulator)

Sadly my scuba workbench uses everything in the entire house except my workbench. Work areas range from the basement, to the backporch, to the kitchen, but usually crashing in the den floor. I seem to always end up in the bathroom using the surface of the vanity to make the final regulator adjustments in a big container of icewater. (Disorganization works well for me :)
Norm

Back
Top Bottom