The Terri Schiavo Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dlndavid:
Husband in name only (hino).
True, but I don't hold it against him. I wouldn't think less of the wife either if the situation was the opposite.
If it truly was her opionion that she didn't want this then so be it.

Laurens

I'm just glad that I have taken the steps to stipulate what I want done in a living will. I wouldn't want to put the people I love in this kind of situation. Instead of being able to support each other in a time of need, they are fighting each other.

Too sad!

El Orans:
True, but I don't hold it against him. I wouldn't think less of the wife either if the situation was the opposite.
If it truly was her opionion that she didn't want this then so be it.

Laurens

Well it wasn't until seven years into her condition did this so called wish of hers come up. And it is only his word, maybe he has reasons for not wanting her to recover. After all he has denied her any therapy.

dlndavid:
How can you call him a "husband"?
He has been living with another woman for 10 years and has fathered 2 children with this woman.

I don't blame him either. She's no longer living, and he came to terms with that and is now happy. He still says he love(s or d?) Terri, but she would not have wanted to live this way. I think they parents are holding on false hopes that one day, they might be able to resurrect her. They've waited for fifteen years, I think it's time to let go.

But then again, what if she is on some level conciencious? I wonder what it would be like to know that they were killing you can have nothing to do about it. Then again, if I were like that and still conciencious on some level, after fifteen years of staying in the same place and not being able to express my existence, I would want to be dead too.

Thoughts?

dlndavid:
Well it wasn't until seven years into her condition did this so called wish of hers come up. And it is only his word, maybe he has reasons for not wanting her to recover. After all he has denied her any therapy.
True, we only have his word for it.
Another issue is whether she can recover after 15 years.

Laurens

El Orans:
True, we only have his word for it.
Another issue is whether she can recover after 15 years.

Laurens
This is probably the saddest point of all this. If he only would have allowed therapy in the early stages she might have recovered.

baltimoron:
I don't blame him either. She's no longer living, and he came to terms with that and is now happy. He still says he love(s or d?) Terri, but she would not have wanted to live this way. I think they parents are holding on false hopes that one day, they might be able to resurrect her. They've waited for fifteen years, I think it's time to let go.

But then again, what if she is on some level conciencious? I wonder what it would be like to know that they were killing you can have nothing to do about it. Then again, if I were like that and still conciencious on some level, after fifteen years of staying in the same place and not being able to express my existence, I would want to be dead too.

Thoughts?
Michael Schiavo has heroically put Terri on a hunger strike for a "Husband's right to choose" and I don't think people understand how important that is to civil liberties.

We certainly have his word for it... and that is what this case is all about isn't it? Choice?

His choice?

It was shocking enough when they charged Scott Peterson with "murder" for an unborn fetus, clearly undermining the reproductive rights of all women who may 'choose' to not reproduce during the third trimester, but now the "Right To Lifers" may have gone too far...

Just because Terri can't talk doesn't mean Michael doesn't understand what she wants, and after careful reflection and time shared with his new life-partner...

Michael has made his choice. We should all give that decision the respect it deserves.

Oh and there's 25,000 PVS in America...

When can we start killing the rest?

I don't think we should starve them though... too litiguous...

I know! Let's gas 'em. We could try Carbon Monoxide first... but I'm not sure if that is efficient enough for a final solution.

If only there were some historical examples out there that could give us some guidance.

Hmmmmm...

dlndavid:
This is probably the saddest point of all this. If he only would have allowed therapy in the early stages she might have recovered.
It might have been possible then but now I think it's time to let her go.

Laurens

Whichever side was right, I think it should stay out once taken out. If what she has left is life, then taking it out and putting it back in is just cruelty and punishment.

dlndavid:
Oh and there's 25,000 PVS in America...

When can we start killing the rest?

I don't think we should starve them though... too litiguous...

I know! Let's gas 'em. We could try Carbon Monoxide first... but I'm not sure if that is efficient enough for a final solution.

If only there were some historical examples out there that could give us some guidance.

Hmmmmm...
Isn't this just a little bit over the top? :06:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom