The Ten Commandments Of Dog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Dog Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years.
Any separation from you will painful for me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me- it's crucial to my well-being.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends.I have only you.

5. Talk to me sometimes.
Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me, that l have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative obstinate or lazy,ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old; you too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys.Never say, "I can't bear to watch it ." or " Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Remember I love you.

Nice, a similar collection for cats would be interesting..........

:lol: Okay, let's try it:

Cat Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years.
Any separation from you isn't my particular problem.

2. I don't give a crap what you want of me.Deposit food in my dish, and then leave me, peasant.

3. Place your trust in me- It is crucial to my sense of humor.

4. Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
I will take revenge, and it will be cold and lethal. Even if you don't punish me, I am always plotting.

5. Talk to me sometimes.
Talk to the butt, cause the fuzzy ears ain't listenin'!

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
Never. Never!! Oh, my very whiskers quiver at the thought of tripping you as you come down the stairs or come in the door with your arms full of groceries!

7. Remember before you hit me, that l have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but that I choose not to bite you. For now. I also have claws and reflexes that allow me to scratch your eyes out eighteen different ways before you even have the chance to scream. Go ahead... Hit me. I dare you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative obstinate or lazy,ask yourself if you see the tiniest flicker of concern in my eye. But go ahead.. Scold me. Your ass is mine...

9. Take care of me when I get old; you too, will grow old. And weak. And then I will RULE THE HOUSE, FEEBLE, BALD-FACED MUTANT!!!!

10. Go with me on difficult journeys.I'll teach you how to eat the whole mouse with surgical precision, while leaving all of its guts perfectly intact on the hardwood floor, so that humans will step on them in their bare feet, as they stumble to the kitchen to make coffee in the morning.

Remember I feel nothing but derision for you, and if I had the opposable thumb, YOU would be the house pet, b*tch!!

:rofl3:I like the last part. Then my cats can pay their own damn vet bills.

LOL . . .
Dogs have families, cats have staff.

But I'm very sorry about your Lab, Joe. Would that they could live as long as we do...

Dog Ten Commandments

10. Go with me on difficult journeys.Never say, "I can't bear to watch it ." or " Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Remember I love you.

Darn! That just slugged me in the gut.

The last thing Katie Lynn saw was my face close to hers, the last thing she heard was me telling her that I loved her. I've got tears in my eyes right now, even after seven years.

My first dog, a dearly beloved Doberman named Merlin, slept on our bed for a long time. I finally got tired of hanging onto the bedframe as he shoved me to the edge, so I bought him a dog bed and insisted he sleep in it. He was very sad. Three days later, he was dead. I can't tell you how many times I have regretted making him sleep on the floor for the last three days of his life.

You never know when they will go -- Nowadays, I try to make each day the best it can be for the dog I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom