The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked it right after Lamont posted and there was one confirmed, no deaths on QRoo. Looks like the link or info on the link has changed. My Spanish isn't good enough to figure out where it might be elsewhere on the site. Why don't you send a question to the webmaster for the site?

I checked on newspapers wich I really do not like so much, and found out that there was a case several days ago, in CHetumal that is 350kms from Cancun, then there are different stories, 1.-the patient did not have the virus, he was sick from another illness 2.- the patient fully recovered, but no deaths are reported and maybe just maybe that is why the official Secretary of Health, Secretaria de Salud changed it.....but who knows....this is not my personal opinion like I stated before I do not like newspapers that much. But it seems to be a logical explanation, the state goverment still has their position of 00 cases no deaths in this state, 00 in yucatan as well but again who knows.....

382891010v10_240x240_Front.jpg

One more thing to make you go hmmmmm....

If there's some massive government conspiracy to hide the truth, and there are in fact a bunch of H1N1 cases in Q Roo that aren't being reported because the Mexican officials don't want Mexico to lose tourism dollars, why aren't they also lying about the West Coast tourist desinations?????

One more thing to make you go hmmmmm....

If there's some massive government conspiracy to hide the truth, and there are in fact a bunch of H1N1 cases in Q Roo that aren't being reported because the Mexican officials don't want Mexico to lose tourism dollars, why aren't they also lying about the West Coast tourist desinations?????

My fellow diver 1KWIK there is no point addressing this pilot fish person, there is no conspiracy, no plot, the source was a news media and like another fellow diver has said on this same forum thread to pilot fish, another one to the ignore list.....:D

Hola Don, thank you for your input, your info is always great specially last hurricane season, I am so looking forward for your research on the upcoming season, I believe you are a great researcher and your posts make sense, keep them coming, I am starting to feel like a fool because I post on WHO and what our govmnt says, I maybe wrong, but things here are calm kids out of school, no cinemas but grocery stores open and at hotels employees are wearing masks etc. but who knows what everyone is doing, all I know is there is no conspiracy from Cancun, this kind of things bring out the best and worst on people.....anyway thanks for input keep it coming have a nice night....:D

Haha, thanks but all I do is relay info I see on Tropical Weather : Weather Underground but surely you already have that book marked. Again, Lamont seems to have a better understanding of those, too. But so many board planes and fly into Caribbean destinations not knowing there is a hurricane coming as they just don't check local forecasts. Hell, I didn't when I was new to travel.

Hola Antonio you may want to put this on the other threads as well.....great post by the way

FYI I just purchased out tickets for July! The deal was too good to pass up!:D
Super fares! Looks like Continental has canceled their second flight from IAH-CZM for a while, but hopes to keep it later in the summer. Not sure how long that is currently projected? Cont Air is now offering free changes to tickets to Mexico thru the end of May now. And there are still several flights a day IAH-Cancun; the bag drag is not horrible. Peeking at a flight IAH-CZM for May 6, looks like it's 2/3 full maybe from assigned seats, later flight canned.

Delta quit Lubbock a few years ago, but I've been able to get Continental to honor my Delta Platinum status well until the last trip. I had been careless about packing and boy did I get hit with overweight charges! Ouch. Since then, with Cont leaving the code sharing with Delta & Northwest, I was finally able to get Cont to give me Match Platinum status, at least for a while. :cool:

But now Delta/Northwest is finally back in Lubbock and developing some routes. At first their itineraries LBB-Cancun were awful and expensive but now show less than 7 hours travel time and same fare as Cont, even tho it seems funny to fly to Memphis Tenn first. Still, it's nice to have my old airline back in addition to my new one. :eyebrow: No way I could develop Elite status with an airline these days with my current travels, but my lifetime Platinum status with Delta seems secure. Arriving at CZM at 11:30am is preferable, but arriving Cancun at 1pm is doable.

It's going to be interesting to watch the various aspects of all this play out, to be sure.

I checked on newspapers wich I really do not like so much, and found out that there was a case several days ago, in CHetumal that is 350kms from Cancun, then there are different stories, 1.-the patient did not have the virus, he was sick from another illness 2.- the patient fully recovered, but no deaths are reported and maybe just maybe that is why the official Secretary of Health, Secretaria de Salud changed it.....but who knows....this is not my personal opinion like I stated before I do not like newspapers that much. But it seems to be a logical explanation, the state goverment still has their position of 00 cases no deaths in this state, 00 in yucatan as well but again who knows.....

When I made that post the page I linked to had a table listing of "casos confirmados" and "defunciones" and Q. Roo had 1 confirmed, 0 deaths. There was also a clickable imagemap of Mexico which let you click on Mexican states and see the cases+deaths. If they are using the WHO definition of "confirmed" then it should be laboratory-confirmed, rather than laboratory-suspected, or merely presumed based on symptomology and possible exposure -- and then very unlikely to be mistaken. The rest of their numbers sync up with the WHO statistics for laboratory confirmed cases.

And I'd assume someone just broke the web page or took it down to update the numbers.

If you look here on wikipedia:

2009 swine flu outbreak in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It lists one confirmed case in Q.Roo. The reference is the disappearing web page though...

My fellow diver 1KWIK there is no point addressing this pilot fish person, there is no conspiracy, no plot, the source was a news media and like another fellow diver has said on this same forum thread to pilot fish, another one to the ignore list.....:D

"Secretaria de Salud" is the news media?

Back
Top Bottom