The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I called Bookit.com. They are rescheduling trips for the next two week for free. My trip is planned for May 24-30. Should I hold my cards and see if this thing blows over or reschedule for some ware like Key West.

I am still happy with my choice of trip insurance carriers overall, but I did just now file a request to change my policy - which I can do within the 15 day free-look period. I add "cancel for any reason" for 40% more, $20 a person.

This may not be necessary, as I really only have a plane ticket that is non-cancellable and non-changeable without $150 fee, and the tickets were only $305 each - but since the policy does not cover epidemics, pandemics, or government actions and this whole situation is so unpredictable, I thot it'd be $20 spent well.

The additional benefit is that if my home bud cancels on me, then my shared room expenses and some others are still covered if I still go - or we can both change.
Ok, I called Bookit.com. They are rescheduling trips for the next two week for free. My trip is planned for May 24-30. Should I hold my cards and see if this thing blows over or reschedule for some ware like Key West.
Well, scuba diving Key West is not something I've ever wanted to do even tho I have enjoy some of the other Keys' dive sites. You can certainly do better if you want to change.

You also have a month so I'd don't see any rush at the moment.

Last edited:
Why would you bash something you have no first hand experience of ?.

Why would you bash something you have no first hand experience of ?.
:confused: To whom were you directing that question, with regard to what...?

TY

he wasnt bashing dont get offended key west is a great place all good

No it's not. Islamorada and Marathon have much better diving than Key West.

Sorry, some times fueling the fires can be a lot of fun!

Seriously, you might check out Key Biscayne! It's high on my to do list since I get down that way once in a while. We wanted to do that dive on our keys trip a few weeks ago but didn't find the info on who to dive with until we stopped at Diver's Discount in Fla City on the way back.

****End Thread Jack****

Back on topic. I haven't booked for Cozumel in July yet, but I'm not letting this thing keep me from doing it. The way I see it, by then this will have either blown over, or we'll all be dead or sick anyway since it's spreading around the world so fast. :wink:

Everyone calm down!!!!!!!!!

I do have Trip Ins.; Bookit.com is going to let me reschedule my family trip without using the trip insurance if I need to. What Trip insurance is not going to cover is if I what 2 week before I fly out to find a place to stay over a Holiday day weekend. I have to make plans now.

Everyone calm down!!!!!!!!!

I do have Trip Ins.; Bookit.com is going to let me reschedule my family trip without using the trip insurance if I need to. What Trip insurance is not going to cover is if I what 2 week before I fly out to find a place to stay over a Holiday day weekend. I have to make plans now.
I'm due to fly to CZM on Saturday. I'm keeping an eye on things, but I haven't stopped my preparations. Have Taniflu, will travel.

Miami - April 28th 5:00 PM

We have decided to cancel all calls at Mexican ports for all current sailings and all voyages departing on Thursday, April 30th through Monday, May 4th. In many cases, we will be able to substitute the cancelled call with an alternative port. Additionally, we are working on alternatives for those itineraries impacted by this decision. Full details will be available by 5pm tomorrow. Please continue to check back as we will provide the latest information online at carnival.com. In the unlikely event that our new itinerary options are not to your liking, we will also give you the opportunity to reschedule your cruise at a later date. Those details will also be made available tomorrow.

Our primary concern is your safety. We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated if and when changes are made.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard your "Fun Ship" cruise.
Other lines owned by Carnival Corp have also canceled Mexican port calls now.

I'm heading up to Toronto tomorrow... sure wish I could come spend a quiet week in Cozumel instead.

Back
Top Bottom