The supposed lack of shore dives in Sarasota/Seista Key?!? Is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

instead of searching for the infamous and ever elusive (except for those who aren't from here) megalodon!
and all I ever get to see are the teeth! :D

"this one time.. at venice..."

Yeah.. teeth.. you get it.. thats the picture. Its the teeth I am after there.. though there are also horse teeth, mastadon teeth, tusks, and much to my surprise I discovered a claw of some sort in my mix of teeth from the last dive!

CBulla:

Yeah.. teeth.. you get it.. thats the picture. Its the teeth I am after there.. though there are also horse teeth, mastadon teeth, tusks, and much to my surprise I discovered a claw of some sort in my mix of teeth from the last dive!

You guys have all the fun....I want to find a megaladon tooth, just not a megaladon!

You might want to pick up a copy of Ned DeLoach's Guide to Underwater Florida. It will give you a feel for the springs, reefs, wrecks, rivers, etc. for the entire state. It's pretty comprehensive.

Safe travels,
Grier

Thanks GrierHParmD. Looked on Amazon and it was $13 and $23 to ship it in time so I will try and find a local copy to buy and check out. Last time I was in Florida was in your hometown of Hollywood and it was for the All Star Game (Hockey) not diving but I hear it's pretty good there.

Any chance of any interesting ledges, etc, out of boaters way on the east side of Siesta Key? From pictures it looks like the west side is shallow and sandy but the east side looks a little deeper and steep.

CBulla:

Hey! I found a claw too the last time I was there....of course I still don't know what's in that elusive orange bag from the last dive there.. :D

Phosphate pits? Where? DeepSix, just listen to simbrooks, and make the sorta long drive up to spring country.

Hey..... you guys have been a lot of help ...lots to investigate!
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom