The Sticker thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ellen Chua:
FYI, I can also make stickers similar to ISH. Will post the samples within the weekend. SOrry for the delay
hopefully they can do the set in black w/ colored flags... i still have white minis on hand eh

will order if that's possible (black varied set)

Jag

greatwolf:
Jag, I can have them made here. But it would be a custom run, and you know what that means.

Customer = expensive
tell me about it...

but again, from what i know the technology isn't way out there, i'm surprised the sticker thing isn't much more common around

Jag

Probably because stickers are really a poor way of marking your gear... More form than function really (Porma?) because unless they are of high quality how many dives will they last? Also if someone really wants to permanently "borrow" your gear all they do is take your sticker off and put theirs in place :p

Ben, ever been on a tech dive trip where 10 people all have the same black jetfins with the same spring straps?... the stickers help...

edit: which reminds me, I need to search ebay for some pink jetfins... :D

that's why they print stickers in hundreds so in case it gets peeled off, just stick another one! Sticks pretty long than what you think. Useful in Rinse tubs so it wont get lost with others.

The trick there is stick it in hidden areas, it doesn't have to be on the exterior visible to everybody. Unless you want to introduce yourself to another diver.

Ben_ca:
Silver Sharpie does the job.... and you can't peel them off :)

Ninja edit: BTW how long do they last?
these stickers we're ordering are printed on 3M paper - they're amazingly adhesive, a bit reflective (the silver ones), a tad elastic, are waterproof, fade resistant and actually last a very long time despite continued submersions

in fact, they're not easy for a casual thief to take off either, they stick very well... it takes a conscious effort to peel them off (unless it's already coming off and the owner is too cheap to stick a new one on hehehehe)

again: good stuff these stickies

Jag

Ben_ca:
Ninja edit: BTW how long do they last?

You're right ben, a silver sharpie is just as effective. But the stickers are worth it relative to their cost. The pics are deceiving, these stickers last a long time, look professional, and are very durable. The stickers on my bp parts still look brand new after 80+ dives. It's not only for gear - many dive ops in the PI have a wall where divers can leave their mark by putting up one of their stickers. I also put it on my USB disk and laptop. Not only porma in the water! :)

The only problem I have with them is not how long they last, but that I couldn't find a proper place to put them on my fins - too many scratch marks and too folded up for it to adhese properly on (I hate my crappy fins).

And in Aquaventure, you'll see the stickers of a couple of pinoy celebs. But not Maui Taylor - some jacka55 put their sticker on top of her's.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom