The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About batterie will it be user replaceanle or will need to service

The Teric has been designed with a wireless rechargeable battery and includes a wireless induction charger stand. The expected life of the built in battery is five (5) years and the battery can be replaced at one of the Shearwater factory authorized service centers. Although Shearwater recommends using their charging stand, the Teric can also be charged by the flat mats that support the Qi wireless-charging standard (which includes the latest iPhones and many Android phones.)

Reactions: Jay
We plan to continue with sales and support for Perdix and Petrel. This includes firmware updates.

Learn about the Five Rules we broke when we came up with the Teric: Five Rules Shearwater Broke With the Teric - Shearwater Research

That's unfortunate, lol... :wink:
I may be out of tune with current pop culture, but I've never heard the word Teric used the that way. The Urban definition entry was only posted last November. However, to further explain what Teric means I'll share the 1st of the Five Broken Rules that explains the name:

1. The Letter “P”... sort of
desktop-icon.png

There is a tradition for Shearwater wrist worn computers to have their names start with the letter “P”. The Teric breaks this rule... somewhat. Teric is derived from the word Pteric, as in Pterodactyl or Pterosaur. The word Pteric means “of, relating to, or resembling a wing”.

We decided to break this rule and went ahead and removed the silent “P”. In doing this, we hope to avoid countless spitting contests that may have arisen from people misinterpreting the pronunciation of Pteric.

Read about the other 4 rules here: Five Rules Shearwater Broke With the Teric - Shearwater Research

Last edited:
A lot of references to other outdoor sports in that video, but I don't find any multisport features... Which is good for the time being. Still makes me afraid that focus is changing to general sportwatch market along with Suunto and Garmin in the future...

Where is Shearwater Teric made in?

A lot of references to other outdoor sports in that video, but I don't find any multisport features... Which is good for the time being. Still makes me afraid that focus is changing to general sportwatch market along with Suunto and Garmin in the future...

Really good point.

What would be missing next is:
GPS support
Wrist-based Heart rate monitor (for outside) and/or
Chest -based HR monitor (for underwater)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom