The Shearwater Teric Announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how long a charge lasts in watch mode (and dive mode)

I believe to operative word is obsolete. :)

Not at all.... This is a cute little thing and I just sent the link to Mrs. Stoo since my birthday is only six months away. However, this would be utterly useless up here with drygloves etc. I was wearing both a Petral and a Perdix this past weekend and I found the Perdix more difficult to use since the buttons are closer to my suit and cuff rings. It was tricky to make gas changes etc. No way you could operate the Teric with drygloves on I don't think.

It would make a great computer for warm water and an excellent backup.

Is it too soon for some feedback on the Shearwater Teric? Who said they'd never make a watch sized model!!

Nice dive computer. I think most will find four buttons to be an excellent upgrade.

I'd buy it for sure, but for now if anyone wants to sell their old, outdated Perdix, give me a shout. :wink:
2 buttons work perfectly on the Perdix - it's an incredibly simple, intuitive interface. I can't see 4 buttons being noticeably better? Perhaps with the memory function they mention where you can assign a specific screen/function to one of the "extra" buttons. However, at least for me (as a recreational diver), I've never once thought that the Perdix or Petral needed extra buttons.

Does it support VPM?

It does NOT, only Bühlmann ZHL-16c algorithm with configurable Gradient Factors, and my guess would be it's unlikely to ever support VPM in the future... seems to be conscious decision by Shearwater going forward given the latest info on VPM. However, in no way deters the possibility that Shearwater might later support a different alternative deco algorithm other than VPM.

Last edited:
2 buttons work perfectly on the Perdix - it's an incredibly simple, intuitive interface. I can't see 4 buttons being noticeably better? Perhaps with the memory function they mention where you can assign a specific screen/function to one of the "extra" buttons. However, at least for me (as a recreational diver), I've never once thought that the Perdix or Petral needed extra buttons.
Have you ever used a computer with four buttons?

Back
Top Bottom