The Scubapro Museum is back!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not half of what it used to be in terms of content.....:thumbdown:

I notice they don't talk about the s555. I've heard rumors that there was only one purpose behind that 2nd stage.

Nice.
Some missing stuff.
MK8?
MK5 with the sonic addition?

I've never even heard of the BA with the mesh cover.....I want one.

Its there......(the S555) - labeled as a "simplified s600"....

from the sire:

[h=2]2006 — 2011[/h][h=3]S555[/h]The S555 was a simplified S600 with no breathing adjustment mechanism. The cover is a two piece cover with a soft insert that is dark gray and has a metal insignia with the SCUBAPRO “S” in the center. Color kits have been available from 2008 to 2011.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2013 at 01:06 PM ----------

I've never even heard of the BA with the mesh cover.....I want one.

Thay caught my attention too - I need to find one.....

I am glad they have a museum, but many of the early pictures are not correct.

• The 1963 second stage (108) has the wrong exhaust. The exhaust T looked totally different at the time. The mouthpiece is totally wrong also.

• The 1964 Mk-3 is not really the Mk-3 of that time.

• The 1964 Mk-2, the 1965 Mk-5, the 1969 Mk-6, and several other regulators in the 1960 and 70’s are shown with hex key (Allen wrench) port plugs. Those plugs were not around back then. There are few of the regulators shown with the correct plugs.

• The 1970 to 1977 Mk-5 Environ is shown with the multi port swivel. That was not available that early.

• The 1972 Mk-3 is also incorrect. That is a MK-2. The dust cap is also wrong in that and several other regulators.

• They totally skipped the original Mk-1, but that is not a surprised since that regulator was totally recalled and they probably don’t want to acknowledge that it ever existed.

These are just some of the errors that I notice on the early history. It is great to at least see some of the pictures and a reasonably accurate time line, but it is sad to see so many errors.

Note: I can’t comment on the more recent history

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom