Question The SCUBAPRO Aladin A2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBadger32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm a avid rec diver looking at more of a tech watch style dive computer, air integrated, and stumbled across the SCUBAPRO Aladin A2, I was wondering if anyone here has ever used one, and if so, id love to hear your opinions, thoughts, comments, concerns, or queries.

I believe it is a very good fit for me, for what I'm doing. I just wanted to make sure.

This will be the first time I'd recommend against a SP product:

I don't recommend the A2 at all for the following reasons:

1. Battery is dealer replaceable not user replaceable. This is the BIGGEST issue for me with this computer.

2. No GF control.

3. The Air Time remaining doesn't appear to be shown on the primary screen, you'll have to press a button to see the ATR which is terrible.

4. You can't turn off PDIS.

5. (there is something else I can't remember it now).

I would recommend the the G2 especially the coming updated version of the G2 (later this year) that will have GF, SM and all that is required for recreational and technical diving.

I have a brand new A2 (in the box) not used with the transmitter I am willing to sell at a fraction of what it costs in the US if you still want it. Send me a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom