The Save-A-Dive Kit / Dry Box Mega Thread (work in progress)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This will serve as a location for links to many of the Save-a-Dive kit / Dry Box threads we have here on SB. This topic comes up often, so this is a good "look here first" resource as you consider building a kit or upgrading your current kit.

If you have questions, or find a post I missed or haven't gotten to yet, please PM me and I'll get it in here. This is an ongoing work in progress.

Thanks.

Ken

In one of the posts one person mentioned getting a peanut butter jar to use to hold the save-a-dive kit items. I have the store-bought save a dive kit and my biggest complaint about it was the caps just pop off (they don't screw on). So with the person's peanut butter jar tip I went out and bought a 32oz jar of Jiff. I put the peanut butter in tupperware, and now have a nice screw-top. I include, in there:
1) Bunch of zip ties (about 20)
2) Some calumn glow sticks
3) Mouth piece (that came with the save-a-dive-kit)
4) Extra fin strap (came with save-a-dive-kit)
5) O-rings
6) Extra mask strap (save-a-dive kit)
7) Perm water marker
8) Diving multi tool kit
9) Small bottle of defogger

I should add scissors, nasal decongestant, and dramamine to that list but not sure how long the medicine will stay good in a sealed container that will be in warm environments.

Would love it if someone could summarize these, because I started reading them and there are hundreds and hundreds of pages :9

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom