the PPD DOR III trip mega report!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, after all this time, the weekend, the going out, all my attemempts to bring Ish over to the dark side with me and steal her from the clutches of Mike the White Knight, the realisation has downed upon me that the answer is right in front of me. Staring at me right now, in fact... in Larry's avatar! The very shirt Ish was wearing, had I been on my toes instead of drunk with the sight of her beauty, I could have draped that blessed shirt upon myself... and pretended to be Mike! The name on the shirt, after all, is his... I know it would have worked! But alas... my chance is gone...

Z...

pakman:
Alright, a short trip incident report from the DOR III...

I forget which dive it was, but we were at the end of another fine dive in Puerto Galera when my dive buddy thepurplehammerhead thumbed the dive. As we neared our 5m safety stop, he was frantically unbuckling his BP/W. Odd:huh: ... I pulled out my DSMB and prepared to launch it when Larry starts frantically waving me off... Strange:huh: ... When I give him the shrugged shoulders sign, he continues to flail his arms in a gesture suggesting "go away!"... Finally he starts pointing to his arse and then points to my camera and gives me the international "NO" sign... then it finally dawned on me what Larry was up to...
:shocked: OMG!!! :shocked: NOT the infamous W**hammer Maneuver!! After flooding my mask from laughing so hard, I started to swim away as fast as I could trying to remember which way the current was going... And just as Larry was about to remove his BP/W we look down to see a group of 8 divers innocently swimming by into what could have been the talk of their dive trip... (mind you the viz was excellent on that dive and you could almost see the bottom) I've never seen someone with such an agonizing face underwater... Finally Larry made a dash for the surface and I continued to swim upcurrent as far away as possible...

I eventually surfaced to an unfortunately (or fortunately) anticlimatic ending... I was expecting a massive fish feeding frenzy only to learn that all Larry had was just a case of bad gas... pffff...:D

Mike, you are an absolute b a s t a r d.

It's all true, though...:sorry19z: :sorry19z: :sorry19z:

Zeeman:
You know, after all this time, the weekend, the going out, all my attemempts to bring Ish over to the dark side with me and steal her from the clutches of Mike the White Knight, the realisation has downed upon me that the answer is right in front of me. Staring at me right now, in fact... in Larry's avatar! The very shirt Ish was wearing, had I been on my toes instead of drunk with the sight of her beauty, I could have draped that blessed shirt upon myself... and pretended to be Mike! The name on the shirt, after all, is his... I know it would have worked! But alas... my chance is gone...

Z...
to pretend to be Mike means cutting all your hair off!

almitywife:
to pretend to be Mike means cutting all your hair off!

Well, if that offer someone made earlier includes airfares...

Heh.. Everyone wants to be like Mike!

You know, it has taken me 14 years to be able to use that line, and I hope there are people who understand it still around!

Z...

Zeeman:
Well, if that offer someone made earlier includes airfares...

Heh.. Everyone wants to be like Mike!

You know, it has taken me 14 years to be able to use that line, and I hope there are people who understand it still around!

Z...
Hey Zee, I thought you're goin to change your badge?

ok, on topic, sort of. I left my dive knife attached to my dive computer, in my carry on.
Well the final check point, before getting on the plane noticed it, and said they would have to take it. I said OK, but then I thought to ask the Cathay Pacific Airline agent if they could check it on. They got my knife from security, wrapped it in paper and taped it inside a small box. It made it to SFO, and I got to keep my knife, pretty cool.
So it doesn't hurt to ask for a favour sometimes.

Mike Jordan and i do share the same haircut....

SO yes Zee, if you want to be like MIke you must be Kalbo....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom