the PPD DOR III trip mega report!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thepurplehammerhead:
@ Pakman, your avatar - "who was that masked man?"

I thought you were going to be too busy today to check SB, so I figured I'd hijack the pink ranger for my new avatar... :wink:

Hmmm, so disappointing....

Back from a few beers and so few posts!!! No word yet from the guilty parties...

ANd no inbox full of death from Chip....

So i will leave again :D

Alright, a short trip incident report from the DOR III...

I forget which dive it was, but we were at the end of another fine dive in Puerto Galera when my dive buddy thepurplehammerhead thumbed the dive. As we neared our 5m safety stop, he was frantically unbuckling his BP/W. Odd:huh: ... I pulled out my DSMB and prepared to launch it when Larry starts frantically waving me off... Strange:huh: ... When I give him the shrugged shoulders sign, he continues to flail his arms in a gesture suggesting "go away!"... Finally he starts pointing to his arse and then points to my camera and gives me the international "NO" sign... then it finally dawned on me what Larry was up to...
:shocked: OMG!!! :shocked: NOT the infamous W**hammer Maneuver!! After flooding my mask from laughing so hard, I started to swim away as fast as I could trying to remember which way the current was going... And just as Larry was about to remove his BP/W we look down to see a group of 8 divers innocently swimming by into what could have been the talk of their dive trip... (mind you the viz was excellent on that dive and you could almost see the bottom) I've never seen someone with such an agonizing face underwater... Finally Larry made a dash for the surface and I continued to swim upcurrent as far away as possible...

I eventually surfaced to an unfortunately (or fortunately) anticlimatic ending... I was expecting a massive fish feeding frenzy only to learn that all Larry had was just a case of bad gas... pffff...:D

pakman:
Alright, a short trip incident report from the DOR III...

I forget which dive it was, but we were at the end of another fine dive in Puerto Galera when my dive buddy thepurplehammerhead thumbed the dive. As we neared our 5m safety stop, he was frantically unbuckling his BP/W. Odd:huh: ... I pulled out my DSMB and prepared to launch it when Larry starts frantically waving me off... Strange:huh: ... When I give him the shrugged shoulders sign, he continues to flail his arms in a gesture suggesting "go away!"... Finally he starts pointing to his arse and then points to my camera and gives me the international "NO" sign... then it finally dawned on me what Larry was up to...
:shocked: OMG!!! :shocked: NOT the infamous W**hammer Maneuver!! After flooding my mask from laughing so hard, I started to swim away as fast as I could trying to remember which way the current was going... And just as Larry was about to remove his BP/W we look down to see a group of 8 divers innocently swimming by into what could have been the talk of their dive trip... (mind you the viz was excellent on that dive and you could almost see the bottom) I've never seen someone with such an agonizing face underwater... Finally Larry made a dash for the surface and I continued to swim upcurrent as far away as possible...

I eventually surfaced to an unfortunately (or fortunately) anticlimatic ending... I was expecting a massive fish feeding frenzy only to learn that all Larry had was just a case of bad gas... pffff...:D

Nooooo!!! Not the Warhammer!

Mike Veitch:
Is it just me or does Zee look like a girl in that first pic with the pink hat?
:multi:

haha, this is too funny. We need to make a new thread with actual stories of the trip. Everything in here is just "chismis" (gossip)! :p

Ok another anecdote...

First dive on saturday we did Canyons. We unintentionally bumped into another PPD group: Larry, Pak, Spoon, Mons, Halthron. I excitedly fin up to larry and pak to say hello.

While I'm looking the other way, Pakman swims over to me and puts his cameria rig (with strobe) right infront of face. I turn back only to look directly at the strobe and before I know what the heck is going on, our dear leader sets the flash off! For the next few seconds I could only see white but I managed to push pak away since I managed to hear him laughing hysterically!

So thanks for that laugh, Pak. Even though it was at my expense and I could see white spots going off for the remainder of the dive, it was quite funny. :)

Mike Veitch:
Far too many shots of a topless Chip!!!!!!!!

It was shirtless Friday mike! and saturday, and sunday....

But here's one for you. It was No Pants Saturday: :wink:
Ish_No_Pants_saturday.JPG

(jag then went to smell the seat afterwards...)

Nice pic Chip, what're you doing up so late? How's Iris? :D
Here's one of the girls.

dlndavid:
Nice pic Chip, what're you doing up so late? How's Iris? :D
Here's one of the girls.
Now that's a hot pic of the PPD ladies, Dave! Didn't have a chance to check out SB today so doing it now. I'm just about to log off. Glad you made it home alright! Nyt! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom