The Pool is Open! Gear testing. A doubles wing for sale. And other thoughts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My condo complex (I'm in Boulder) just opened the pool for the season. It's only about 6' deep, but it makes a good place to try the gear and make sure everything's working. If you live in the area and want to try it, PM me. Or you can just come over for a G&T and we'll talk about diving.
:D

Today was my annual gear shake-down. Tested: 4 regs, 2 BCs, 2 computers, 2 lights, and a wetsuit that seems to have shrunk since the last time I wore it (they do that, you know). Only one failure, a dead computer. Woo-hoo.

Also, I have a Hollis C45 doubles wing that I picked up for a tech class... that was later cancelled. Grrr. The wing's never been wet. Now it looks like I won't get to use it any time soon. So if you're in the market for a doubles wing I'll make you a screamin' deal on it (it was $320 from divegearexpress, I'll sell it for $220. Local, in-person transactions only, thanks).

I've got a couple steel tanks than need inspections and hydro. Anybody know how much a local hydro should cost, or have a recommendation on where to get 'em done?

glenn

For hydro, call your local Fire Extinguisher companies. Some won't but some will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom