The Police Car at Falling Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a group over there. They were in and out of the water pretty quick. It was a little chilly for OW classes with all the task loading the students were already under but it looked like they were having a good time.

Chad

Are you kidding? The water was 64 degrees that's not COLD! Heck that's the perfect temperature for a 1/4 inch wetsuit! GEEZ!! Our students dive wet in early June and WISH Gilboa was that warm! :) I've gone there at the end of July and the water was 54 degrees at 60 feet.

We used to check out students in Ohio in December in wetsuits, you want to talk about TOUGH! Someone showed me a photo of a staff member at a check-out dive (before my time) and he had icicles on his gear that formed as he was walking from the water to his car! That's COLD! I remember one year we had the students float in the water for their surface interval because with the wind chill it was 3 degrees below zero and we knew they'd never get back in if they got out. Interesting thing is the ones who certified in those conditions tend to still be diving, my husband's 23 year diving anniversary will be the first weekend of December and he was certified in Ohio.

Looking forward to finding the police car in the future! Hey, why don't you guys buy the quarry?

Hope to see you at Gilboa!
Ber :bunny:

Ya know, I just got back from Florida and it was hard getting out of the habit of looking for police cars, gargoyles, volleyball courts, etc. ... finally, I got the drift (literally)! :D I have seen the police car and it was pretty neat. A little hint for the area .... seek and ye shall find. :wink: If you haven't already, that is.

Man, I miss the warmth of Florida! :( We did Miami, Palm Beach, and Ft Lauderdale. We did our diving out of W Palm (Coral Island Charters .... GREAT!) and Ft Lauderdale ( Parrot Island Divers ... also, really good). ProDive was busy with a boat show pretty much the whole week. Had great diving, weather, and food! There was a yacht with a car on it. I thought "Gee, they could sink that and make that the next wreck site. Let Joe start a trend, ya know?!" West Palm's new artificial reef started by the KY Piranha Control.

Back
Top Bottom