The order in which to buy gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has to do with the hose-routing and developing muscle memory. Once you have the harness, go ahead and swap out so you have the spg clipped off in the right place, the hoses are laying flat. If you try and secure a standard octo on the right chest d-ring AND the d-ring is where it's supposed to be, it's very inconvenient.

I'd do the bp/w/harness and swap out the hoses. Then get the regs you want (are you sure about Scubapro?) and the can light as the last thing.

Rachel

I dove my BP/W for quite a few dives before going to a long hose primary and bungee backup. Never had any issues. Switched to long hose as I get closer to cavern/cave. Turns out l like it for open water air shares as well - no more have to remain darn near on top of each other.

shark.byte.usa:
I'm not arguing just asking a question...

What is wrong with getting used to your bp/w with standard hoses? I don't see any reason you have to overload with new gear all at once. I would think dialing in your bp/w for a few dives before you getting the long hose and beginning to adjust and drill with it as not a bad thing. I don't see what hose lengths have to do with getting used to your bp/w.

Am I missing something?

-Garrett

You make a valid point with the task loading issue, but in all reality, the transition to BP/Wing is not that much of a task load, you will be so much more comfortable and stable in the water with it, much less of a task load IMO than a standard BC.
That and trying to use a standard hose setup with a BP is actually more difficult than a long hose bungied backup setup. So in turn trying not to task load yourself you will be making it more difficult, instead of focusing on getting the BP/Wing worked out you will be messing with a hose routing that is not as compatible with that rig.
I say this from an opinion point of view, I'm not saying that you can't dive a BP with a standard hose setup or that it wont' work, it's just from my experience it's easier to transition all at once.

I would focus on the bp/w and switch the hoses over. then start building you rig, slowly when money is available, My first wing was golem #35 with a hammer head plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom