The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, Uruguay may have sealed the coffin on South Africa but they've just been redeemed.

3154257.bin
I have been two times in Uruguay, I have a good memory.

Spain - Switzerland:
Speaking of the Swiss, what a beautiful upset! I'm rather fond of the Spanish team so it's a pity to see them lose but it's always enjoyable to see an underdog give it their all and then winning the game. I'm not sure what the Spaniards did wrong because their play was very good. They had a number of very good attempts at goal and was perhaps just unlucky that none of them found the target. The Swiss goal was indeed a stroke of sheer luck but then it has to be said that they had a few other decent attempts as well, most notably Derdiok's attempt in the 75th minute that hit the upright.
I am Swiss and I am very impressed that the Swiss team won. The Swiss goalkeeper was excellent.

Slovenia is ahead of USA! 1:0 so far! And Slovenia is playing a better game for first 30 minutes so far.

SVN:USA 2:0 at halftime! Go Slovenia!

Whooooaaaaaa!!!!! Did you just see that goal by Donovan? That was a magnificent shot!

So was Donovan showing face of Slovenian defender into the ground. Lucky ref didn't see that one.

Whoooaaaa! Did you see USA barely got a point against Slovenia! 2:2 FINAL! Slovenia is still leading group C!

Brilliant comeback by USA. Really, they deserved to win this game. I think the referee owes them a good explanation as to why he didn't allow their 3rd goal. Just about every American in the penalty area were pulled and held onto by Slovenian defenders - but the free kick goes to Slovenia! Friggin' ridiculous.

It has to be said that Slovenia played a cracker of a game but I'm sorry to say, this ref was third rate and the USA should have won the game.

England's offering last night was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen, even with a long history of supporting Plymouth Argyle.

Passes were going astray lef-right-and-centre, nobody offered any creativity and the entire team were terrified of trying to break into the 18-yard-box. We were reduced to shooting from 25-30 yards and rarely tested the keeper. It would be fair to say that Algeria were well worth their point, and might have taken all three. Why Capello refuses to play Joe Cole is a mystery.. he and Peter Crouch should have been on at half time.

I'm not happy. I need more pictures of hot South American women please. :shakehead:

It has to be said that Slovenia played a cracker of a game but I'm sorry to say, this ref was third rate and the USA should have won the game.

Ref made several mistakes on both sides that could have made a big difference either way. Yes SVN got lucky at that point but so did USA before on several calls (or non-calls).

At the end we will see who will go forward. With games that all teams showed we will see SVN-ENG tie at best or SVN win and ALG-USA tie, perhaps even ALG win.

Back
Top Bottom