The Off Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
for those of us who can't afford to, or choose not to dive dry and live in an unforgiving region of the country, I ask you this.... what do you do in the off season, or simply what do you do when your not diving? now im sure there has been a similar thread to this, but i could not find it so i am starting a new one.

I personally like to Snowboard, camp, tool around on my 4X4, take pictures, play guitar, etc.

but enough bout me, what do you guys do?

Ski, skate, camp... One cannot live on diving alone.

Snowboard, play in the mud in the trucks, dive, dive and dive some more.

Geocache.

My self out here in the Northwest Burb s of Chicago our dive season is from April thru Nov so when i am not diving i am busy with going to Hockey games ( Hockey Nut Big Time ) also i am into Model Railroading and Railroading the real thing.I belong to the largest model rail road club in the Chicago area and i do this all year round.
As far as the real Railroading i along with other rail fan s go watching train s track side year round in all sort s of weather taking pictures or videos of trains. I have also been know to do this on the way back from a day of diving just stop in the middle of no where and go track side for a while and take pictures.
One of the LDS i go to has a pool so once a month usually Dec thru April i usually like to do a pool dive once a month just to pratice my skills and make sure my equipment is working fine.So as you can see i do keep busy year round.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom