The November '06 Pasley Dive Report (hurry home, bud!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 11/27/06
Dive Location: La Jolla Shores
Buddy(ies): Divinman and Chick of the Sea
Time: 6:13am
Bottom Time: 73 minutes
Max Depth: 71
Vis: 25-30 depending on the depth
Temp at depth: 63 is what the computer says, but it had to be colder in the canyon
Surface Temp: 49 at my house
Gas mix: Air
Top reason Pasley should hurry home: Because Monday morning dawn patrols are so friggin cool

Comments: I know I don't normally post my reports here but this morning was just to awesome not to share.

Another week and another Monday dawn patrol. What a gorgeous morning for a dive, scattered clouds with smathering of stars, a little windy, small 1-2 foot surf, and 2 of my favorite dive buddies. A girl can't ask for much more, well, except to go diving.

We set straight out from Vallecitos Street, wasn't sure where we were going except that it was out and down. After descending in 28 feet of water just sort of meandered in a westerly direction and then, surprise turned north this morning instead of south.

Hadn't gone too far when Terry found a beautiful Angel Shark, about 4 feet long, only a scattering of sand on her, and very cooperative for the photo ops. She never moved during what had to be the 10 mins we were there. So, after that not much compares, but we saw tons of baby Sheephead, baby Blacksmith, baby Senorita's, baby Kelp Bass and baby Giant Kelp Fish. Actually Terry described it as a nursery which is pretty accurate for what Vallecitos Point has become. Did I mention we ended up at Vallecitos Point.

Octopi, Sun Stars, huge Barred Sand Bass, lots of Kelp shooting towards the surface, 2 Stearns Aeolids (these were the only nudi's I saw), baby Sea Hares, Kelp Crabs in disguise, and some beautiful topography again when we jumped the draw going east and picked up the structure again. I motioned to Terry and Jen we needed to turn around, for once not because of air but because of time. Needed to get these 2 to work early today. On the swim in I was graced with another first at the hands of Terry who found a mortar stone in the middle of a rock pile we swam over.

Wonderful dive this morning, the weather had turned a little as we got out as it had started to lightly sprinkle. Thanks guys, this morning was as close to perfect as you get!!

Kim

I have enjoyed reading the dive reports and especially the 10 ten reasons I should hurry home. Yes, the diving sucks here this time of year. But we do have our ways of getting the heart going. Every day is a blessing and I honestly cannot think of anything I would rather be doing that what I am right now. Two months in country already. My how the time flies. Keep the candle in the window. I will be home soon. 18 months really is not all that long. 1/3 down, 2/3 to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom