The New Scubapro Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Wayward

Just got my A700/Mk25 certified for cold water reg set today and looking forward to using it for the first time. I am sure that like many others here that use the Mk25 1st stage that it won't let me down.

im a new owner of mk25/a600 (though im not certified yet...) and a700 is not avaliable for me yet :(
but thats beside the point.
i looked at scubapro regs for a while and the older ones where chrome ones ( i like that look)
another thing is that a700 has full metal body (or so they say since i only read about it)
so front metal cover (lets wait for titanium edition) is actually working well for me.
but im weird, i like Poseidon Cyklon looks...

I dove my new regulator tonight for the first time and it was quite nice. I can confirm that it is all metal except of course for the parts you would expect not to be metal such as the diaphragms and mouthpiece.

Yes it honks a bit at the surface but that goes away as soon as you get under any water. I found the pre dive and breathing adjustment controls easy to find and manipulate with my dry gloves on. I liked the fact they are on one post as it kinda simplifies the finding and adjusting. Regardless of how I found myself in the water, prone or supine, vertical head down and in a roll breathing was as expected, good.

They say it is only a little bit smaller than the S600, but I think that measurement includes the torx screw points as it looks noticably smaller. But for my hands it is a great size.

Another thing I really liked was dry mouth at least on this dive was not an issue. I have always dived a rental reg before, the R195 Scubapro and I found my mouth would get a bit dry during a dive, never enough to be a worry but its nice to maybe be able to put that discomfort behind me. I am out on the boat to do a couple dives on Friday going to do a deep dive for some cloud sponges and am certain I will continue to be impressed with this little beauty.

I posted a reply in another thread about the new A700 I have. If you search for "scubapro a700" it comes up. I think it's titled, Has Anyone dove th new scubapro regulator?

I got to look at the schematics, cut aways, etc for the A700 and the the reg seems to use the air barrel and poppet of the X650 (a good thing) with an all metal case (another good thing). So inhalation effort should be excellent and the quality and smoothness of the air flow (not something that can be measured on a breathing machine) should also be excellent. And other than the slightly shorter poppet, the annual service parts commonality with the S600, etc will be very high.

SP A700 works great plus more just got it a few months ago no problems here. Ask the dive shop for a loaner they would more then happy for you to test it out.

It seems to me you need to grow up really 1.This pic was at a wedding lol so your telling me I'm using a wedding pic to look like a tec guy 2. I own this reg and it work for doesn't mean it's for everybody! 3. "GET A LIFE"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom