The new Oceanic OCS vs. the Geo 2.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Been considering an Oceanic Geo 2.0. Today I learned online that Oceanic's 'pipeline' includes a new OCS, and DiveNav. even has an online course on it. Here's a thread talking about it relative to DEMA 2011. That didn't give a lot of info. Here's a link to part of DiveNav's course on it.

It seems to me this is a wrist watch-style (non-air integrated?) dive computer. My initial reaction is that it looks less attractive than the Geo 2.0 and watching part of the online course I suspect the display isn't an improvement.

But I don't see any side-by-side comparisons. In a nutshell, I want to know what the difference is. If the OCS is an improvement, when will it likely be available and at what price?

Hoping to dive maybe late this year.

Richard.

.....But I don't see any side-by-side comparisons. ......
Here you go

You can see the OCS in action in our eDiving and divePAL simulators

Thanks! So, a dot matrix display, oxygen accumulation bar graph, digital compass and 3 instead of 2 for 'multiple gasses,' runs the list price up $250 or so?

Good to know. Be interesting to see how this does in the market. Oceanic has enough different wrist models out now for things to get confusing.

Richard.

The changeable coloured straps remind me of the Suunto D4i/6i series :p

I'm thinking of getting the Geo 2 for recreational diving and was also told by my local dive shop today that the OCS will be out in Jan (probably >US$800 over here) but I really don't need it.

I dive an Atom 3.0 as a primary and have the GEO 2.0 as a backup. I had a first gen GEO and loved it and the 2.0 is even better. If you don't need AI and want wrist mount doing just recreational dives, then you can't go wrong with the GEO 2.0.

Hello there,
I got that GEO 2.0 too since month, but dived not too much with it, but I'd like to know from you experienced GEO's :) how you like it - thanks.

I am very happy with my GEO 2.0. I generally purchase only the best equipment, but the GEO accomphlises every function I need at a much lower price as compared to the OC1.

I was looking a very longtime for an alternative diving computer - it took a long while to understand the manual. Did I something wrong in the setup, because if its in normal mode, it reacts immediately when wet beyond 4 feet, but in free mode it didnt react beyond 4feet but only when I started the freediving mode manually - some thing wrong done?

Nice looking computer but alittle pricey. I was lucky enough to win one at my LDS's Christmas party. I have an Atom 3.0 so the operation is pretty much the same. As for the compass...seems to work good and be pretty accurate but is it worth the extra $$$$? Mine ain't for sale because it's one of the only things I have ever won though!

402993_10150455504358087_685848086_8622622_2085073542_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom