The New KISS Sidewinder is a Pretty Cool Unit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Somebody help me understand this. A press release went out around the world on Dive News Wire and I shared it here on Scubaboard. Can somebody cite me a ScubaBoard rule that says that can't be done? I'm asked and admonished regularly to put posts on ScubaBoard so whenever I put out any news or information I try to put it here. Now suddenly we have people making it personal? I ask again, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!? If I had gotten paid $100,000.00 to put that post here what would it matter? You don't have any business asking and that's why I'll give you answers that you don't want to hear. EVERYTHING in the press release is true. Everything in my post is true. I tried the Sidewinder and think it's a pretty cool unit. I hope a lot of people see this thread because most people are reasonable and they'll find out information for themselves. As I've always said, people will type anything behind the shield of a computer screen so I'm sure there will be more personal attacks. Have fun LOL

Somebody help me understand this. A press release went out around the world on Dive News Wire and I shared it here on Scubaboard. Can somebody cite me a ScubaBoard rule that says that can't be done? I'm asked and admonished regularly to put posts on ScubaBoard so whenever I put out any news or information I try to put it here. Now suddenly we have people making it personal? I ask again, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!? If I had gotten paid $100,000.00 to put that post here what would it matter? You don't have any business asking and that's why I'll give you answers that you don't want to hear. EVERYTHING in the press release is true. Everything in my post is true. I tried the Sidewinder and think it's a pretty cool unit. I hope a lot of people see this thread because most people are reasonable and they'll find out information for themselves. As I've always said, people will type anything behind the shield of a computer screen so I'm sure there will be more personal attacks. Have fun LOL

People just want to know if what they're being told is honest, or slanted by hidden commercial interest. That's all. It's not a personal attack.

If I posted a thread and said "Hey guys, this new blender I bought is the best thing ever!!!! You should totally get one.", but the manufacturer had sent me a nice fat check for doing so, that affects the legitimacy of my viewpoint. People deserve to know if the viewpoint has been tainted.

Nice try. So, that means then that we should be questioning the entire concept of "Key Man" in the Industry? Let's go around all the forums here and elsewhere and ask all the people who post about the equipment if their use of said equipment was in any way swayed by some monetary consideration. The responses here on this thread are particularly offensive to me because I go around trying to say positive things about people and products all the time, simply because it's the right thing to do. When I'm treated right I tell people. When I'm treated wrong I repay the favor. I'm involved in our sport because I love the sport. Yes, I can write and I'm pretty good at marketing. Many dive pros need help with that. Do I try to help? Yes I do. Does it even pay for my hobby? Absolutely not. I volunteered to chair the Winter Workshop. That was all done for free and at my expense. It involved months of behind the scenes work. I took five days off from my business and traveled to Marianna at my expense to help a not for profit organization. The insinuation that I'm just doing something for pay is insulting. Maybe all these posters should follow my Facebook pages and look at the positive things I share and post daily to help promote the sport. These are simply spurious personal attacks and are actually a little amusing.

A couple of things...

With perhaps one exception, I honestly don't see anything close to a "personal attack." In this thread, some simple questions were asked about the nature of your relationship with Cave Adventurers/Edd. Had you answered the initial questions, there would have been no additional posts. If you feel as though you are being attacked please do use the report function.

I am not sure what you are talking about with regards to names. There is a legit concern re privacy plus some people prefer a fun screenname. For that matter, you yourself don't have your full name out there? Just bc people use sceennames doesn't mean they are trying "hide" anything, I'm really not sure what you are suggesting and would appreciate some insight.

So this continues. Kate, are you my personal moderator? I don't post much on here but it seems like on most of my posts you make comments. Just an observation. Are you dictating to me how I have to answer threads? I don't even have to respond but personally think the questions were inappropriate and chose to respond. The boards are often used as tools for attacks so do you really think anything I would have posted would not have been met with some form of attack? I'm not sure what you mean when you say I don't have my full name out there. It's in my signature. Here's the insight. I shared a press release from Dive News Wire. There wasn't much in it to be attacked. Somebody came up with the idea to try the angle that somehow I was up to something nefarious just posting something I was paid to post. If it weren't so offensive it would be laughable. Actually, asking the question if I was paid was probably an inappropriate response to my thread and if the moderators were doing their job it would have been taken down. Somebody got paid something for most articles shared on ScubaBoard.

Can we get a clean up on Aisle 4 in here and get back to discussing the Sidekick? They might not be personal attacks, but they certainly are OT and have hijacked the thread. I've seen the Sidekick, but I haven't dove one yet. It does look intriguing and I've heard nothing but good from it.

@Richard FDC

Your subterfuge is incredibly annoying. Why not just come clean and disclose your potential conflicts of interest? It does not nullify your positive comments regarding the Kiss Sidewinder, only places it in context. As it is, your credibility is near zero based on your responses. Enter modern times, be honest and straightforward. It's your choice.

Best, Craig

Does a threat count??? :D :D :D Just kidding! No threats were leveled and Richard didn't even ask me to post back here. I just hate to see people derail threads just because they can. If we banned everyone who has a financial interest in Scuba diving and equipment, we'd be a very, very small forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom