The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread even talks about the issue and shows @Akimbo's solution (on page 3) of cutting part of the hook off, to make them more usable.

Do you have either of these tank straps?

Here's a direct link: Do you have either of these tank straps?, Post #25

FYI to all: You can get the link to a specific post by clicking on the post number:

upload_2017-10-4_7-48-14.png

Just copy and paste the BB Code Snippet.

I found high viz green AND Neon pink by clicking your link. Thank you!
Francesea. I like Randy and Piranha dive and recommend them often but I just want to let you know that their webbing, especially the color webbing is very stiff and so can be a bit challenging to work with.

Some potential wing options I haven't heard too much about (all have no tank support or removable support):

Zeagle Donut
Sub-Gravity Paragon
Scubapro X-tek (unfortunately looks like a billboard)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
OK, let's assume someone wants to pimp out their plate. Where would they get colored webbing? :wink:

Another source is strapworks. However you do need to select with care because some people have reported that softer webbing does not hold the hardware in position securely. However the price is cheap enough that you can experiment.

Another source is strapworks. However you do need to select with care because some people have reported that softer webbing does not hold the hardware in position securely. However the price is cheap enough that you can experiment.

Thanks. Looks like a lot of options here.

Wow, I think my partner will love the cute webbings!

Francesea. I like Randy and Piranha dive and recommend them often but I just want to let you know that their webbing, especially the color webbing is very stiff and so can be a bit challenging to work with.
I have heard stiffer webbing is hard to thread, but then holds its place, yet softer webbing has more give, and could loosen up mid-dive as the webbing absorbs water.
If making my own, I can experiment with both, but I’d rather fight the webbing on land than underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom