The new Bare Elastek line.....any ideas on a release date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmessin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm needing to purchase a 5mm suit and if I have to go with an online purchase (which it looks like I will), I really want to try the Bare line (given my body type....5'6" 195 lbs) and would like to try their latest and greatest, the Elastek line.

But I have no idea how much longer I'll have to wait. anyone have a clue when they are due for release?

I am also interested in the release date of the Bare Elastek. Specifically the 14 +. I spoke with Leisurepro today and was informed that the regular sized suits are available, it is only the + sized options that are not yet. I did write Bare directly to ask, however have not yet heard anything back. I will post as soon as I hear any info. SS

The following is a note I received from Bare. I would imagine that the suit could be ordered from anywhere that carries them. The note references LeisurePro only because I referred to it in my original note.

"Thank you for your recent inquiry into the BARE brand and our Elastek Wetsuits. The 3mm Elastek 14+ is now available. So please contact Leisure Pro and we could ship ASAP. If you were looking for the 5mm or 7mm versions they are available as well.

Regards,

Customer Service
BARE Sportswear Co. Ltd. "

They have the standard sizes in but not the special sizes in(short,tall, +) We are looking for the 7mm.

I just received my Bare Elastek 14 +.. The fit is Perfect ! It is SO very comfortable :).... It feels smoother than my Henderson Hyperstretch. The cut of it is more appropriate for a girl than the Henderson as well and I am a "Fluffly" or shall we say, well rounded 5 ' 5 " . The Seal around the neck seems tighter, although as the collar is made of the easy glide material, it is actually very comfortable. The length of the sleeves and legs are perfect unlike the Henderson that was very long and bulked up. However, that would have been an easy fix had I taken the time to do it. I had 3 years with the Henderson and it was a great suit for those of us who either need or simply like the extra room and comfort in our wetsuit. It served it's purpose for warm water diving well. It just simply wore out. And after I had cut the legs off because they were too long, and I am happy to say lost weight, I figured it needed to be put to rest. I have not yet actually been diving with the new suit, but I am hopeful that it will work out just fine. The fit in itself is very exciting. Sue B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom