The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I bought the yoke to see the fancy one-turn mechanism. I'm going to buy a DIN bolt shortly...

@rsingler

So we replace all second stages on regulators we own with the TFX SS? 🤠

Serious question, how easy is it to adjust the cracking pressure on the TFX second stage?

I ordered a DIN. I was counting on them having a TFX DIN-to-Yoke adapter that would be Ti and also have the one-turn mechanism built in.

But, so far, they do not have an adapter. My rep told me I should order a T3 DIN-to-Yoke adapter.

I am contemplating whether I should do like @rsingler and change my order to a Yoke and then get a Ti DIN conversion.

If you take the yoke off the TFX, can it be converted into a DIN-to-yoke adapter? Or does a proper adapter need to be specifically made? I'm unclear on whether (for example) a T3 D2Y has DIN threads machined right into the yoke, or if it's just a normal yoke with a part added that gives it its DIN threads.

ps. the reason I specifically want a D2Y adapter is so I can request DIN tanks, get on the boat with my DIN 1st stage, and be able to deal with it when it turns out that the insert in the "Pro" valve is corroded in place and can't be removed.

My plan of record has been to carry my $20 steel D2Y adapter with me, until such time as a TFX D2Y adapter is available.

He did answer that upthread already...
Can't find it, I red his two posts above twice. Is there another post with procedure?

Thanks, Rob! I'm feeling a little better about having made the leap ...

More to follow when the GoFundMe that I'm sure you're all going to contribute to, gathers enough funds for a free airplane trip for me to do a "scientific" test in Key Largo on the Spiegel Grove at depth. :wink::rofl3:
I hear parts of the CA coast can get pretty deep too ... :wink:

Pre-post edit:
I just checked ... SFO to FLL is < $100 non-stop in Sept if you time it right. I imagine a few of us might be willing to chip in a $20 to get you there ... I would recommend PP F&F, though, since GoFundMe takes a cut.

I still want to know where I can order the second stage from and also can I use my long hose with it?

ps. the reason I specifically want a D2Y adapter is so I can request DIN tanks, get on the boat with my DIN 1st stage, and be able to deal with it when it turns out that the insert in the "Pro" valve is corroded in place and can't be removed.

My plan of record has been to carry my $20 steel D2Y adapter with me, until such time as a TFX D2Y adapter is available.

Good strategy, steel is not a bad choice at all. I would have offered you an ultralight one by Scubapro, but steel sounds better.

I ordered a DIN. I was counting on them having a TFX DIN-to-Yoke adapter that would be Ti and also have the one-turn mechanism built in.

But, so far, they do not have an adapter. My rep told me I should order a T3 DIN-to-Yoke adapter.

I am contemplating whether I should do like @rsingler and change my order to a Yoke and then get a Ti DIN conversion.

If you take the yoke off the TFX, can it be converted into a DIN-to-yoke adapter? Or does a proper adapter need to be specifically made? I'm unclear on whether (for example) a T3 D2Y has DIN threads machined right into the yoke, or if it's just a normal yoke with a part added that gives it its DIN threads.

I think you are right that it's a regular yoke and yoke socket screwed into a specifically made DIN part. So pricey though. I'd use the steel adapter when in doubt, and spend the money on the actual DIN conversion kit.

Attachments

• Adapter.jpg
    Adapter.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom